lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
TURF1-RYC
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default snubber mount bracket issue

i did a 8 lift on my club cart carry all.. i noticed the snubber mount is more than half way gone,, should i replace it??? with the lift kit, it now is at a greater angle,, should i flip the snubber bracket and bring down the front of the motor??. what is the use of it? thanks in advance guys..
TURF1-RYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: snubber mount bracket issue

I made a new longer pice for mine to help level out the motor again, I prefer to depend on the factory oil splashing design and I personal feel it oils better closer to a more level position myself, it's one thing riding around on flat ground all day and climbing a hill for 100 foot, unlevel motor to me would be like always climbing a hill (internally that is as far as how the fluids ride in the case)
I keep the snubbed because it allows the motor to float in the front and seems to realy help keep from breaking other stuff with the little give and the ATV tires.
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Last edited by lockman1; 05-02-2020 at 05:58 AM..
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
TURF1-RYC
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the info guys.. that's what I was thinking of doing LOCKMAN .. does it work like it should but better?..lol
Old 10-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
TURF1-RYC
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Nice roof ON_THE_FLY.. in going to put an ez go roof on carry all..and planning on painting it too.. is that what you have?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #6
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

No mines a cc top, mine was the first year for the new style 2001 n up have the rounded corners and a little curve in the top were the 2000 and older tops were just flat rectangles basacly, 2001 was also first year for the one pice back rest as well,
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Yep it works perfectly!

and it's funny... My cart is an 07, and it has the "old style" CC canopy!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #8
Dale M
Getting Wild

Putting a 6" Super Sport lift on my CC DS this weekend. With all the talk about the snubbers and engine position after the lift just curious to know why the lift kits don't keep the cart level to it's previous position. Do the kits not come with ample lift for the rear of the carts?
Dale M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #9
wooly15
Gone Wild

I just did a 6" All Sports and didn't run into any issues with mine.
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #10
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

its all about angles guys! you will notice if you read other posting you will get oil pressure light issues without the snubber extender lockman posted. theres the sensor in the botom of the engine, it is not a presure switch, but a float style switch, so when you get climbing, arse hauling, tooling around the oil light will flicker, due to your engine being wobber jobbered. also you wil notice when you fill the engine up after a oil change it will say you are too low, do to the fact the front is higher then the back and the dipstick reads off the front of the case. lockmads 3 dollar fix does wonders! ask any one on here, with it, issues are gone! oh and engine stays properly lubed too!

so turf the answer is yes, snubber is a good thing, its your front motor mount, and they are around 15 bucks, and the extender thing is worth the 3 bucks to fab and install! you will have more in bolts and nuts then the whole set up! be like lockman and use all stainless steel! double the cost! ha ha ha!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car