lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
sefrayser
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default tricking out a fe290??

I figure since I have the motor just about out, why not rebuild it. I would like to trick it out. I have looked on-line and cannot seem to find anything on tricking one out. Is there a thread or article on this? Where can I get the parts to do this? I am sure I can find someone to do it but why pay someone if I can do it myself?
sefrayser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: tricking out a fe290??

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...fications.html This is in the stickys above the posts.
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace1975 View Post
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...fications.html This is in the stickys above the posts.
you can do all that, but it's not going to be very amazing. instead, anyone who over rev.s your motor stands a good chance of blowing it up. i took the rev limiter off of my cart. son and his buddy ran my cart over 4000 rpm till they burned the head and barrel. engine toasted. your motor is worth more to some onewho wants it stock. my advice is: if you want more speed and power get a bigger motor and gears. if yours is a ccw motor this is very easy. if you have cw motor....a little harder.
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Here is some good reading...........

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...golf-cart.html
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
sefrayser
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Its clockwise
Old 10-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #6
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefrayser View Post
Its clockwise
my '97 is clockwise too. when our boy blew it up i went through a lot of trouble trying to get it going again. the head was burned so bad that there was a deep groove in it an the barrel on the exaust side so it would make pretty good compression on the other side but only barely fire. the engine is a complete loss because the barrel is part of the case. so......... after much thought and searching i settled on a onan motor out of a late model cub cadet riding mower because it has a shaft on both sides alowing me to spin it around so that it turns the driving clutch clockwise. i just need a different length belt which i'm pretty sure i'll be able to find with some searching. as soon as i get my other 500 projects done i'll get back on it.

keep posting. i'd like to know what your solution will be. good luck.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

by the way........... in my research i found that kawasaki makes a fe290 for the john deere gator, and another fe290 as a general purpose motor. maybe some of there parts can be swapped to give your fe290 more torque. but the biggest problem still is the club car fe290 was made to run intermittantly at low rpms and low speeds to keep the game of golf boring. my apologies if you're a golfer you probably have a longer attention span than i do, and probably find golf to be intense and action packed.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
sefrayser
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Im not a golfer. I like speed and the only reason I bought this is the price($250) was right and its going to be a fun project.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefrayser View Post
Im not a golfer. I like speed and the only reason I bought this is the price($250) was right and its going to be a fun project.
awesome. keep posting as you go. i am interested in how you will deal with the clockwise motor issue.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
sefrayser
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Is that an issue? I am noticing that there are alot of CCW motors but not a whole lot of CW.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car