lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
sirgknight
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: My g1 hunting cart

what a great project......and just think how proud it will make you feel when it's running through the woods!!!!! There's no doubt that our family gets more pleasure out of our cart than any other "material" thing that I can think of. We'll be waiting for finished product pics......
sirgknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgknight View Post
what a great project......and just think how proud it will make you feel when it's running through the woods!!!!! There's no doubt that our family gets more pleasure out of our cart than any other "material" thing that I can think of. We'll be waiting for finished product pics......
Yeah, my wife says she hates it, but when we all go putting around the property and the kids are smiling ear to ear....she feels a little different. She'll never admit that she likes it....especially after my recent incident.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...arburator.html
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

We're expecting some snow today and tonight to the tune of 4-6 inches from lake effect winds. Time to give this beast a trial run!

The plow is a AC garden tractor plow that I modified to fit. Here's some build pics...

I cut and welded some steel on the front part of the frame where the bumper mounts. The stock bumpers were way too wimpy.

Then welded in a 2" receiver hitch, reinforced in the rear to eliminate flex.

Then installed a hitch mounted step bumper, square style, to mount the winch to. Welded the winch plate to that, then mounted my winch. This way the winch and bumper can be removed at anytime.

Works great! I just hope the cart has the balls to move the snow, it's gonna be heavy wet stuff!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice setup! We need some action pics!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Nice setup! We need some action pics!
They're coming! I have 2-3 inches of snow right now, by tomorrow after work there might be 2-3 more. I'll get some action shots and maybe a video?
Old 01-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Thought I'd throw this one out here since I've seen some people asking about G1 shocks.

I went with the Jake's 6" a arm lift for my cart. I put it all together, which went fairly smooth and easy, and it looked great. Jake's makes a nice kit with good directions and photos. However, it rode pretty rough. I found several threads here about atv shocks, and I gave it a try with good success.

Rear shocks are Suzuki LTZ400 quad shocks, front. They just happened to be long enough to just use the factory mounts top and bottom without any trouble. That gave me the same lift as with stock shocks and the Jake's lift mount. So, I just by passed the Jake's lift kit in the rear and went with the atv shocks. Rides much better by the way, especially at speed.

On the front, again atv shocks, but this time I found that I could by pass the Jake's shock extenders. The shocks I used are from a Honda TRX250 quad, front. They match the ride of the back shocks, pretty good. They are a bit soft for anything but driving around on/off road. I put my plow on it and they buckled on me. So I fabbed up temp mounts to compensate. After winter is over, back to stock shock mounts alone.

I'm still not satisfied. I'm looking at going dual a arm atv suspension. That way I can have good performance and the ability to make winter adjustments for the plow.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Here is a pic of my frame mod for the clearance issue of the primary clutch. I heated it up a bit and hit it with a sledge hammer a few times. Got this tip from SKARP here on the forum. Thanks Stephen!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #18
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The guy I bought the cart from was putting that sled engine in it and he cut out the battery tray to make room for a huge exhaust pipe.

So, again a little help from SKARP, he sent me a new tray/frame that he sectioned out for me.

And I cut and fit and trimmed and refit that thing until it fit pretty good. Hey I'm not a body pro, but I was pretty proud of myself.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #19
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
They're coming! I have 2-3 inches of snow right now, by tomorrow after work there might be 2-3 more. I'll get some action shots and maybe a video?
A video would be great!
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #20
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Great job job on the cart...........
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha