lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
jrongeyofLA
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Better Cart to Upgrade for Hunting Lease??

WOW, That's an impressive machine.

Thanks for all the posts. Very beneficial. I hope the discussion continues.

Thanks
Josh R
jrongeyofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

Just one more "practical" suggestion that you may want to consider. In the hunting season, I actually remove the canopy. It's easier to maneuver the cart thru some of the "skiny" trails that I go on....the ones with the low hanging branches.

OTOH, when I go to areas that are a bit more open, I will put it back on (I have cut the up-right bars and made quick-detach pins to make this job fast 'n easy) but...if I do this during the rifle season, I will cover the top with a florescent orange plastic. Why? Because I don't like my head being about 5" away from a "brown" object that could be moving across the horizon.....and some Dumb...well, fellow mistake it for the brown hide of a deer.

Just a thought.

Dave
Davemuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #13
gmman
Not Yet Wild

This question is for the guys out there that use carts for hunting buggies. I'm wondering how much these carts can go through as far as mud and snow. I know they sell 4x4 kits but are getting very expensive so I would like go with just 2x4 if you guys have had good experiences with it. I'm not planning on mudding with it but if it rains our road get pretty greasy with some water holes and has a 3% incline I would guess. Let me have some input please!
gmman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:36 AM   #14
bsonier
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Our members use carts on our lease without any problems. We have mostly flat land, but do have a couple steep hills and creeks to get through.

Put a good set of mud grips and you can get in and out of some tight spots. We have carts that are 36V and 48V. Both work fine, just depends on what you want to get out of your cart.

I just bought an EZGo PDS that I am starting to convert to a hunting cart and I'm also looking for suggestions on the best setup.
bsonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #15
1fastbuggy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsonier View Post
Our members use carts on our lease without any problems. We have mostly flat land, but do have a couple steep hills and creeks to get through.

Put a good set of mud grips and you can get in and out of some tight spots. We have carts that are 36V and 48V. Both work fine, just depends on what you want to get out of your cart.

I just bought an EZGo PDS that I am starting to convert to a hunting cart and I'm also looking for suggestions on the best setup.

Suggestion get a series cart and upgrade your f and r switch i have seen too many pds carts burn up that are lifted when they try to climb hills.
1fastbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
jrongeyofLA
Not Yet Wild

That's been my understanding from reading posts on this site. While not unanimous it seems more common with the PDS.

As for cart upgrades
New F/R switch (Scotty B)
New Alltrax 4855 programmable (Scotty B)
New 2ga cables
New Batteries.

Almost finished. Next up 48v
jrongeyofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 03:51 PM   #17
gmman
Not Yet Wild

They are a great upgrade for hunting. Been using one for 8 years now
gmman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 08:23 PM   #18
coosa
Gone Wild

Understand that txt is a body style, and a txt cart can be either a series cart or a PDS. There is a poster here with a series cart that he says goes 25 mph, so it's certainly possible to get good speed from them and still have the advantage of going very slow without issue. But it seems that most people will series carts are getting a lot less speed than that. I don't know how important speed is for your situation.

I have 2 PDS carts that are hunting buggies and I've been very pleased with them. I left one on 36 volts and added an Alltrax 500 controller. It will run 25 on pavement and I've had no problem with it in the woods. I have a winch on both carts and both of them have been stuck before. It's pretty easy to get out with the winch.

I upgraded the other cart to 42 volts and an Admiral motor along with the new controller. It will run 27 and has all the torque I could ever need. Both carts have 22" tires. I have to run down a highway where I hunt and need the higher speed. I'd hate to make that run at 7 mph.

I think you can build a good hunting buggy with either type cart. The PDS carts get a bad rap when folks jack them up and put on big tires and leave everything else stock. Carts like that are doomed from the start.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mechanical f/r, pds, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO