lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #11
oldsfan442
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1998 EXGO Workhorse - Where to start?

You guys are simply amazing. Thank you so much for all the information. I started tearing into the cart last night. I have too many other things going on but just couldn't wait to get started. I need to assess the frame before I get my hopes up. The frame has some heavy rust spots and how much repair the frame is going to need will determine if it's a go or no go.

Thanks again.

Bryan
oldsfan442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Its steel, it can be repaired. Reason I had asked where you were was I have a complete 350 motor FS in the parts section but shipping is the expensive part
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have the same cart only difference is i have a driven clutch and no front bumper its the build Im doing next , its going to be v twined and drop axle lifted we could have a battle of the builds here on BGW we just need impartial judges
i'll get some pics up tommorow just for fun ?
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #14
oldsfan442
Not Yet Wild

That would be really cool. The problem is how long my build may take. Funds are limited and after I started pricing parts this afternoon, I realized how expensive this hobby is. It may take me a year to complete.

I really would like a cart like the black one essness posted here but may have to cut some corners. I would love a v-twin but I may get a used one out of a tractor or simply get a Honda clone. I have been thinking about a custom wood bed but not sure if I will make it dump or not. I also am thinking of some sort of rear seat that I can swap in and out easily. I have way to many things going on in my head.

So being that I am going the budget, does anyone have any used parts they need to sell? I know for sure I need a driven clutch. Used wheels and tires would be nice as well. A lift kit would be nice too.

Speaking of lifts, I am looking at either a drop axle kit or spindle kit. Is one better than the other?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan
Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #15
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

same boat on the funds but i have been gathering parts via ebay and craigslist it may take me a year also, I figure wheels and tires alone are going to cost 500+ , 400 for a clutch , i got lucky and picked up a drop axle jake's kit from craigslist for 150 nib . So far in the engine i figure 475 to build it going .030 over and all the goodies which is dirt cheap for a briggs vtwin but i keep digging them up for 50-100 each , yeah the first one i got needed the full work over but thats part of the fun. in fact i just got one the other day running for 40 but i have to swap out the gen taper crank
Old 01-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #16
oldsfan442
Not Yet Wild

Where do you keep "digging" them up at $50-$100 a piece? I have been looking and looking and never see them less than $300 or so. I wish I lived closer to you to get one of them from you.

Nice find on the lift. I have been searching craigslist and eBay for cart parts like crazy. Like you said it's part of the fun of building.

Bryan
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #17
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

just luck and persistance , find out which cub cadet i think the 1655 with bad rear ends or broken generators , a crank is a relativly easy swap and used on ebay 30-100 dollars or just have it machined look in non tradtional sources finding an engine on a broken or damaged equipment seems to always be cheaper and the scrap and parting of whats left can leave you with a really cheap option
Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #18
oldsfan442
Not Yet Wild

Well I thought I had posted this a few days ago, but obviously I didn't. So here we go.

I got the cart tore down to the frame. Surprisingly the frame is really not that bad. There is one spot on the passenger side of the frame behind where the rocker cover sits that is a little thin. You can tell from the pic how one of the factory holes is getting bigger due to the thinned area. But over all the area up front is mainly just surface rust.

So I think this project is a go. The question I have is do I continue my work here or start a new thread? I appreciated all the help and information you guys have provided. I am very excited to get started on my first build.

Bryan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC11024.jpg (142.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SDC11025.jpg (160.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SDC11027.jpg (146.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SDC11028.jpg (131.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SDC11029.jpg (169.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #19
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Oldsfan, this is your thread. I'd just keep posting here, no need to start a new one.
It looks pretty good, that area of rust is pretty common. So, I'd say you're off to a great start
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #20
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

jumpin the gun on me i haven't even pulled mine in to the garage for this competition. but i guess its even if you consider the engine is going together this week hopefully
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO