lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
jwalsh965
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default 1980 g1 oil pump question

Hey guys, just finishing rebuild on my 1980 g1 and noticed the cap on the oil pump missing. I did notice this when I first started the rebuild and my question is, can I run this cart safely with the pump like this. Also is there a better hose diagram, not like the one in the service manual, can't make heads or tails of that. Something I can use for running new oil lines properly, my cart was in a mess when it comes to oil and gas lines when I purchased the cart and previous owner was running it with gas mixed with oil. Any help would be great and if this thread is in the wrong location sorry just getting use to this great sight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BGW PIC.jpg (26.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by jwalsh965; 04-15-2013 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: ADD PICTURE
jwalsh965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
jwalsh965
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1980 g1 oil pump question

I am sure I seen a post here on BGW with someone with the same problem, I don't want to mix my gas and oil, If anyone has any ideas on this problem it would be great. I am sure this is just a vent but will have to wait and see what happens when I start up my cart after the rebuild, in a couple of weeks.
jwalsh965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 1980 g1 oil pump question

Since I'm not smart enough to post a link to the thread In this section, do a search, "G1 repair (pics), then go to page 4 and my reply #31. It explains how to "bleed" the oil pump system. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha