lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
rock2183
Not Yet Wild

Default Immediate Help needed on gas Yamaha G9

I am getting ready to look at a 1992 G9 that I have been informed that after about 5 holes the cart will quit running. The seller did not advise how he got it re-started whether he waited for it to cool or done something else. Seller did say the cart ran great cold.
I need some quick advice as to what the problems could be and cost to fix before I purchase. He is asking $1000.00 and said he would take $100.00 of price if I fixed the cart.
Quick responses appreciated
Thanks Brad
rock2183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
tailslid1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Immediate Help needed on gas Yamaha G9

Sounds like an ignition issue to me. Not sure what the ignition modules run. I'd find that out first. Then make your offer accordingly.

Rick
tailslid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
rock2183
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Rick if the part needed would be the ignitor I already know the price to purchase and it looks simple to replace myself so I will take that into consideration. Thanks again Brad
Old 04-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Make sure when you look at it and test drive it, that it has oil in it. (because if the rings are gone it will smoke, but no oil means no smoke) Likely ignitor they are not cheap, very easy to change out. Could be coil or pickup but less likely. Sometimes even cracked fuel lines do it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
rock2183
Not Yet Wild

Thnks for the info guys. I bought the cart for $800.00 which I thought was ok. It was severely out of gas. I added gas and it made 18 holes. Did noticed that just a few times when you went to take off the cart hesitated but when letting off of gas and starting to give gas slow until it engages then apply gas it took off and ran fine. I don't think it is anything major just waiting to find something more consistant before changing parts out. I will keep posting looking for help from everyone.
Thanks again.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Could be the airbox is not sealed, that makes them run poorly.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha