lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 08/9 CC Precedent purchased

Actually I am not sure of which year model that they said this was. Guess it didn't really matter anyways - Its a 08 or 09. 14 inch wheels. 6 - 8V batteries. Its on "order", meaning they have to swapped the bodies cause I wanted RED. I purposely didn't order anything else. I think I am going to like doing this myself but leading to many questions.

What kind of 48 to 12 voltage reducer. One of the ones I was looking at was 10 amps...seen others, more expensive up to 30 amps. If you were to ask me what I am going to hook up(I would) is most likely some kind of radio - really not sure. Not sure how many watts...Guess that would help figure out what size of reducer wouldn't it:) Stock radios are around 10 watts or so...may not be big enough - so how big could I go on 10AMPs?

Also thinking about a dash mounted power meter. Seen them for around 25-30 bucks. Seem right? None seem to have wire sold with them. What size wire should I use? Does the wire run from the batteries(plus minus) to the dash and how/best way to route the wire?

Also thinking about some sort of front bumper/brush guard. Preferences / prices I should expect to pay. Easy to install?

For now, I am not thinking of doing anything on the performance side. May look at that later after I build up my pocket book again.

I guess that is it for now. I am sure I am not the first newbie to ask these types of questions.

Waiting on Tuesday to get here to go pick up.

Thanks in advance.

--Mickey
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 08/9 CC Precedent purchased

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalberto View Post
Actually I am not sure of which year model that they said this was. Guess it didn't really matter anyways - Its a 08 or 09. 14 inch wheels. 6 - 8V batteries. Its on "order", meaning they have to swapped the bodies cause I wanted RED. I purposely didn't order anything else. I think I am going to like doing this myself but leading to many questions.

What kind of 48 to 12 voltage reducer. One of the ones I was looking at was 10 amps...seen others, more expensive up to 30 amps. If you were to ask me what I am going to hook up(I would) is most likely some kind of radio - really not sure. Not sure how many watts...Guess that would help figure out what size of reducer wouldn't it:) Stock radios are around 10 watts or so...may not be big enough - so how big could I go on 10AMPs?

Also thinking about a dash mounted power meter. Seen them for around 25-30 bucks. Seem right? None seem to have wire sold with them. What size wire should I use? Does the wire run from the batteries(plus minus) to the dash and how/best way to route the wire?

Also thinking about some sort of front bumper/brush guard. Preferences / prices I should expect to pay. Easy to install?

For now, I am not thinking of doing anything on the performance side. May look at that later after I build up my pocket book again.

I guess that is it for now. I am sure I am not the first newbie to ask these types of questions.

Waiting on Tuesday to get here to go pick up.

Thanks in advance.

--Mickey
Congrats on the cart and welcome to the forum! Once you get the cart you can look at the serial number to see what year it is.
As for reducers, go big. Scottyb on here sells a good 30 amp model on his website (cartsunlimited.net).
Sccottyb also sells an excellent digital SOC meter. Each meter comes with a diagram with what size wire to use.
As for brush guards, I put one on my first cart, and it was a very easy install.
Just two bolts. I think I bought it on eBay from some company...
Have fun!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car