lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
Flippz
Not Yet Wild

Default Spark plug boot problem

I have a 96 g16a and I love it. It has a 6" lift and itp wheels and tires. When driving over rough terrain and hilly areas the wire will pull loose from the boot for the spark plug. Does anyone else have this issue. Also what's the proper fix? I don't want to tape it and stretch the wire I also am tired of getting out to fix the boot when I am enjoying a leisure ride with an adult beverage.
One other thing how can I tell if the better spring has been installed for the clutch. Mine is white. I wish I could post pics but all I have is an iPad. The cart has been built nicely using quality stuff and seems to quick but I don't want to spend the money on that if it all ready has it.

Scott Ross
Thanks.
Flippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Spark plug boot problem

all of the OEM yamaha clutch springs ive seen were metallic zinc plated looking. most likely yours is the high torque spring.

Are you saying that the wire is popping off the spark plug or the other end? if its the spark plug end, you can get different/new caps. They usually kind of twist onto the wire. Is the wire too short. maybe replace the whole wire and cap with a new oem one. Also maybe you can bend the internal part with pliers so it holds tighter.
tjc02002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
Flippz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc02002 View Post
all of the OEM yamaha clutch springs ive seen were metallic zinc plated looking. most likely yours is the high torque spring.

Are you saying that the wire is popping off the spark plug or the other end? if its the spark plug end, you can get different/new caps. They usually kind of twist onto the wire. Is the wire too short. maybe replace the whole wire and cap with a new oem one. Also maybe you can bend the internal part with pliers so it holds tighter.
Thanks for the reply. It's the wire to the plug boot. I have tried to find a longer wire but am not sure if I could replace the wire. That would fix the problem if I could find a longer wire.
Flippz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
tjc02002
Not Yet Wild

jam it in with some rtv. Does it look like the wire twists onto a post inside the spark plug boot, or a crimp connection. If its a twist in, you may abe able to just get any old spark plug wire and replace it.
tjc02002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha