lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #1
Sulli017
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha drive won't drive

48v drive has about 50v at the pack. I can hear the click when switching from tow to run, I hear a second click with the switch. When gas pedal is hit I get one small effort from the cart then it quits on me, the effort just rocks the tires slightly, no real movement.
I have had charging trouble in the past but my pack is reading correctly, color me confused!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sulli017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2016, 10:06 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha drive won't drive

Hey

Something still may be wrong with batteries. How old are they? Can you load test them to be sure they are really good

-steve
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:07 PM   #3
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

A lot of people think because you put a volt meter on batteries and it shows the right voltage that the batteries are ok but it does not mean they can handle the load until a load discharge test is done first
Old 08-17-2016, 02:15 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

sounds like solenoid problem to me. yes, it clicks, that is good sign. but that doesnt guarantee thats it's working good. clip your meter probes to the controller terminals B+ and B- then test again during the failure of when is tries to go. if the voltage drops, and isnt stable like "pack voltage" its a solenoid problem.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:31 PM   #5
Sulli017
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
A lot of people think because you put a volt meter on batteries and it shows the right voltage that the batteries are ok but it does not mean they can handle the load until a load discharge test is done first

I'm handy, but new...how does one do a load test? My batts are 4 years old and have been cared for, I believe I should get more out of them but don't know.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:38 PM   #6
Sulli017
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
sounds like solenoid problem to me. yes, it clicks, that is good sign. but that doesnt guarantee thats it's working good. clip your meter probes to the controller terminals B+ and B- then test again during the failure of when is tries to go. if the voltage drops, and isnt stable like "pack voltage" its a solenoid problem.

I have not ever been able to locate a service manual for this cart, do you know where I can find one? I'm not sure where/how I access the controller...or is it obviously just behind the tow/run switch? Thanks

Old 08-17-2016, 09:42 PM   #7
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulli017 View Post
I'm handy, but new...how does one do a load test? My batts are 4 years old and have been cared for, I believe I should get more out of them but don't know.

you buy a load tester, you can get it at harbor freight, connect each alligator clip to each pos and neg of battery terminal and you will press a button or lever and hold it for a few seconds at a time and it will show you if a battery drops significantly enough to tell you its bad
Old 08-17-2016, 09:44 PM   #8
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

your right that batteries at 4 years old can still be ok, but usually they will not after that time. some batteries go bad after several months old especially if you run them dry and do not keep them filled with water
Old 09-22-2016, 12:40 PM   #9
RodStarr
Not Yet Wild

Did you get this resolved? I have the same issue.
RodStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #10
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you don't have access to a load tester, you can clip your meter leads to the pack positive and negative posts and read the voltage drop on the meter when the pedal is pushed.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha