lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
asquarecan
Not Yet Wild

Default removing body?

Hey guys!~

I did a search with no luck, I have no clue what year my cart is, but here is a picture of it...

I am trying to take everything off and get down to the frame and I have taken about 20 screws off and nothing is even moving

Does anyone know if there is something that is not easy to see that i need to remove?

Thanks
Keith
asquarecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2009, 04:59 AM   #2
lobo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: removing body?

You need to include the S/N of your cart in order to find what your looking for.Good luck
lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:03 AM   #3
lobo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know anything about those bodies but my yamaha has bolts everywhere,Good luck!
Old 09-21-2009, 05:06 AM   #4
lobo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know my yamaha has bolts every where so keep looking

Last edited by lobo; 09-21-2009 at 05:11 AM.. Reason: second post
Old 09-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
rwhitaker5
Not Yet Wild

I just tore down a ezgo that looked like that . the first thing to do is remove top. then remove seats . remove sill plate-hip rails. remove the rubber edge
gaurds ...there are two metal plates at the rear of the cart to start loosening it up. then there are a number of bolts on each rear fender , some are in the seat flange and some are studs welded to the back side of the fenders themselves.Once fenders are off then remove floorpan to get panel where the F+R switch is located off.I had to use an impactscrewdriver to get some screws out and actually had to chisel a few screw heads off to get panel loose. remove bag area panels next...this is as far as I went with my cart but I believe you have to remove the panels where the brake is located to get to the nuts that hold the front body panel on. Just take your time and use plenty of penetrating oil or you will wring off more than you get off. good luck and have fun .....thats what it is all about
rwhitaker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
Neal 97 250
Getting Wild

I have a Melex that looks similiar to yours It is a mid '80's I believe. If you can include the model and serial number that will help.

The numbers are located under the passenger side dash towards the middle of the cart facing out, on a number plate.
Neal 97 250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts