lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
clegg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Front end alignment on a 97?

My 97 CC pulls to the right. Is it likely I can fix this with a couple wrenches a tape measure and some string, or is it more likely that something is bent? Are there any specs out there for where to set the toe? Is camber and castor even adjustable? (the carts out at the course so I can't just look right now...) Thanks for any help or recomendations.
clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: Front end alignment on a 97?

is it you are trying to drive it with the wheel in the straight postion, or with the hands off it pull to one diection? are you wheel straight to the ground? to set the angles you need a square and a tape measure. but first lets make sure all is good.
jack the front end up so the front wheels can be played with. is there any movement in the spindles with it in the air? is the rack have a bad spot in it, or is the rack loose? are the tie rods shot? is all the grease fitting taking grease? and grease coming out?
it it loose before the grease, then get tight after greasing to indicat bad bushings.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
clegg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Front end alignment on a 97?

I had the front up right after I bought it to swap wheels and felt it up good. All tight in my opinion. Changed fluids and greased it up. I just can't remember if it had anything other than tie-rod ends to adjust. My wheel is crooked, off to the right when I am going straight. That don't bother me. But when I let go of the wheel it does begin a fairly good pull right. (I never drove it past the driveway untill I took it to the golf course the other day.)
clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car