lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #51
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Generator 101

see next post, this was duplicate...

Last edited by jiminpa; 07-17-2010 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: Whoops, sort of double post...
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #52
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's Ok, I know how frustrating it can be some times.

When you talk to them, don't let them tell you that you can't change the rotation. A DC motors rotation can be changed by switching the polarity of the field magnets (electro magnets in this case). That can be done by changing the flow of electric ( + an - ) The trick is you can not change the flow through the armature too, if you do, it will still rotate the same direction. That is why just swapping A1 & F1 will not change the rotation. You could achieve the same thing by changing the flow through the armature without changing the flow through the field. I am just not positive I want to tell you how to switch it on the outside, in case I am wrong. I think it probably flows from F2 through to F1 to create the field magnets, and then in A2 and through the brushes to the armature and back out of the other set of brushes through A1 to a ground. You could research reversing DC motors and decide if you want to try or wait till Monday.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #53
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

gotta as if you found satisfaction today at the rebuild shop???
Old 07-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #54
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hello, I have been watching this info for some time and it has been very enlighting(sp) i DO NOT want to high jack this thread, however i seem to have some problems when my350 will o2 workhorse, just a lillte turn over when i push pedal, mostly when i drive it for long distance 2 mmiles battery shows 12.7 v after it sets 10 minutes it ok, any suggestions as I said I not want to get in trouble for high jack this thread, so u can tell go take a hike, thank you
410MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #55
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Monday the shop said I had wired the generator wrong. I said it was wired in accordance with the 2002 schematic and ran in reverse. They suggested to swap the wires on A1 and A2. I am in GA for four days of "training". So the first available time to externally rewire is Friday afternoon/evening. I will let the board know how that goes. If it works, I will have a cart that is not sync'd with the schematic. Should be a way to do something internally (by the shop) so I can make it like OEM schematic. Should I "worry" about it if it runs OK?
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #56
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

if they fix it internally, they would likely just swap A1 & A2 on the inside of the housing. At this point, I'm thinking grab a beer, put it together, ride it and forget it. Might be a good idea to make a note, laminate it, and attach it some place it will stay. You you don't forget or the next guy does not have to go through the headache of finding out the hard way.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #57
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Generator 101

Today the results are in. The swap of generator terminals A1 and A2 was a SUCCESS.

The generator now runs in CW rotation and the CART RUNS AGAIN!!!

Whew! It took a LONG time to get this one back on the road. Some of my own doing. Some just bad timing.

Many many thanks to jiminpa for helping me with this repair.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #58
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That is all. Well done mate

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #59
tfs
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

AND i thought i had problems. i spent over $400 before i realized they were playing games with me. shadowman came to my rescue. hang in there.

tfs:
tfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #60
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Land Owner, You're Welcome.
Glad that you're back riding the cart again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car