lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default engine cradle!!

my brain is not hitting on all cylinders...

im putting a 16hp briggs in a 97 carryall,, the motor hits the back part of the cradle and sits on the angle in the front.,,

has anyone ran into this,.. and what did you do to adjust this..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fffff 002.JPG (79.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg fffff 003.JPG (93.0 KB, 54 views)
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: engine cradle!!

if anyone cares,,, i fixed my problem..... i cant believe no one has put a briggs motor in a 97 or newer cc,,,that would share any info or ideas..... i see that ccp has a bb with the same cradle most likely 18 or 23hp in a cc on there web sit, but cant tell what if anything they did,,
Old 10-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

He main reason nobody BBs a post '97 CC is because the transaxle rotates CW and all the aftermarket motors run CCW.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #4
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

i guess ill be the first then,,,,

i put the engine tonight. aligned the clutches, and bolted her down.... finish running all my wires, now for the fun part,, measuring and finding a belt that will work... and figuring out how i want to do the exhaust,,,,, oh and hookin up the throttle cable....
Old 10-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So you are just going to run the transaxle in reverse to go forward, then?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

yeah,, i dont car much about speed,, ill be using it in the woods for a hunting cart,, cant go fast there anyways.,.. but i will eventually put a pre 97 transaxle on it.... im hoping i can at least go 15,, great if i can 20,, but ill just have to see,,, i have to figure out how to get the closest to exact belt length, cant afford to buy belt after belt...
Old 10-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr View Post
if anyone cares,,, i fixed my problem..... i cant believe no one has put a briggs motor in a 97 or newer cc,,,that would share any info or ideas..... i see that ccp has a bb with the same cradle most likely 18 or 23hp in a cc on there web sit, but cant tell what if anything they did,,
So how did you fix the problem ??

you could run some bigger tires to get some more speed
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

welded a 11 x 11 1/4 plate to the cradle,,,i made it that big to make sure i enough room for adjustments and that the motor mount bolts dont end up in the little valleys in the cradle...

im gonna put a 6" aarm lift on it with 23 or 24" dirt devils,,,i would like to put 24 but not sure if they will fit with no rubs,, thinking about finding some better shocks to put on front and rear,,,,,

the best i can tell i need a 40 1/2 to 40 3/4" belt,, 1" wide,, hp2013 or hp2003 (dayco) seem to be the closest i can find,,,
Old 10-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr View Post
i guess ill be the first then,,,,

i put the engine tonight. aligned the clutches, and bolted her down.... finish running all my wires, now for the fun part,, measuring and finding a belt that will work... and figuring out how i want to do the exhaust,,,,, oh and hookin up the throttle cable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Use a cloth tape measure, measure from the inside of the primary (drive) clutch around the outside of the secondary (driven) add an inch and that is your O.C. Measure the closed width of the secondary, that's your width.

Than look up the dims on this handy chart from Flintrock and you should have your belt

Good luck
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...20belts-1-.pdf
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #10
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

i measures it at 39" i need a 1" wide belt,,, i didnt see anything on on that chart that would work. who makes those belt?

but i have bigger problems now then a belt... had a major f*** up last night....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!