lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2016, 03:11 PM   #11
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: building a g1 mini car need some advice

there is a clutch setup that uses a jackshaft made for mini-bikes
sadly only in low power rated units

I would use a motor mount that allows a lot of adjustment
as belts stretch over time and thin also
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

With the new pictures, wheels fit well into the openings Ok, now I'm going to throw out some ideas's, if they don't work, dont get mad at me. I believe you maybe able to "reclock" the axle tubes to the transaxle center section, this would alow the secondary sheave/input shaft to ride "higher" then the axle tubes (maybe). You might consider, "tilting" the engine back for more clearnce, but the angle of the carb would need to be changed for gas in float bowel to be correct and the exhaust outlet pointing up could present a problem also. I don't think the "idler" idea would work with a CVT system, but I've never tried it so I'll defer any knowledge about that. Shure would like to see you figure this out as simple as possible.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:03 PM   #13
badbowtie
Getting Wild

I was going to ask about re clocking the axle tubes I think that would be great if I can clock them. I also was thinking the idler problem would be a problem the way the clutch works on the motor.
badbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #14
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

If it would "make it work" I've done so many crazy things to golf cars....there is alway's an awnser to a problem. I'm going to PM Rifter to look at your build. He is a master fabricator extreme. Good luck with your "vision/build"
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:31 PM   #15
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

This might be stretching a little but I wonder if you can use a smaller driven pulley, if possible , you will lose some bottom end, but it might give you the clearance your looking for. like nota was talking about, comet I think makes them.
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:27 AM   #16
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You can change the location of the axle tubes (re-clock) which will raise the driven clutch allowing more clearance.

When I installed the G2 rear end in my G1 I did this with no ill effects thus far. It gave me more clearance between the axle tube and driven pulley and also raised the belt system for my trail riding and water crossings.

The only problem with turning the rear differential is that the plug for checking level will not be in the correct spot anymore. As long as you know you have the correct amount of rear differential oil in it then there will be no problem. I've been running mine this way for a lot of miles now and it's doing fine.

If it were me I'd look for a G2 rear end and think about installing a clone engine. You could get someone to measure height on the clone from mounting plate too top of engine and see if that could save you any height. It would also help in that you could do away with the starter/generator if need be.

That is a cool project. Where did you come up with the body? I've been looking for a body to fit a golf cart like that with no luck, or too high a price.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #17
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Smallblock was ahead of me on recommending rolling the axle to get more belt clearance and Smokin is right to recommend getting rid of the 2 stroke and going with a clone engine even if you have to get a shifter axle. The car body is way too cool not to finish this build and you would be headaches ahead if you changed to the clone and shifter. I'm sure going to watch this build.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #18
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Also, I'm almost positive I've seen these cars at a Carnival ride.
Old 01-08-2016, 11:29 AM   #19
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

http://antiquecarousels.com/product/...-car-restored/
Old 01-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #20
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The back end reminds me of the very early corvette.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha