lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
markp1958
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha tail light questions

In our hood a lot of people run carts up and down the streets even though I don't think it's "legal" . This is my first cart and we're really enjoying it.

It's a 2013 g29 that has an led light kit . I pulled both tail lights to see why their not working . The lights have 3? pin connectors just dangling .I guess the previous mechanic/ owner just wanted the look of the bling?

Not sure if I can get just the wiring harness and would also like to make them work as brake lights . Also not sure how difficult it is to add a blinker kit .The brake lighting seems a little intimidating but maybe the blinkers are easier?

Any opinions or links would be helpful THANKS
markp1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha tail light questions

It all depends if they are OEM or aftermarket. If you could find witch manufacture kit they are, most have upgrades for turn signals and brake lights. I prefer the brake light switch mounted in the pedal area (rather then a "pad" or "button" on the peddle), but you most have a timer/relay to turn the brake lights off when the brake pedal is locked or they will stay on forever.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:46 PM   #3
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
I prefer the brake light switch mounted in the pedal area (rather then a "pad" or "button" on the peddle)...
In case your kit does not have it, it is easy to adapt a (cheaper) motorbike brake switch with a small home made bracket to hold it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-0001-500.jpg (28.3 KB, 0 views)
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 09:30 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does yours have head lights? A swi6ch thst turns them on? Hook them up and see what they do
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #5
markp1958
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I do have switchable headlights that work .I will need to find the right connector size that's on my tail lights or just splice them in .I guess that would at least get me running lights .

About the switches and pads at the brake pedal do you manually apply the switch when you want to show that you're braking? /trying to get a visual sounds complicated I guess I need to go see them in person

Anyway thanks for the help everyone!
Old 01-28-2018, 06:44 AM   #6
Dsouthw524
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

You have options for the brake switch. The one that mounts on the pedal asswmbly under the cart or there is a pad switch that is applied on the brake pedal that you step on when applying the brakes. My own upgrade kit I purchased hsd that type of switch and I like it. The kit containeLED d turn signal, headlights, tail lights with brake lights and horn with a turn signal,lights and horn asrmbly for mounting on the steering wheel housing.
Dsouthw524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:15 PM   #7
markp1958
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

OK so the pad goes on the brake side not the emergency section of the pedal . It's coming to me now I'm a little slow lol.
I'm looking for the easiest / cheapest solution sounds like maybe the pad option ?
I'm going to dig in and see if I can figure out the brand and model# of the kit .It may be that its just a basic running lights kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsouthw524 View Post
You have options for the brake switch. The one that mounts on the pedal asswmbly under the cart or there is a pad switch that is applied on the brake pedal that you step on when applying the brakes. My own upgrade kit I purchased hsd that type of switch and I like it. The kit containeLED d turn signal, headlights, tail lights with brake lights and horn with a turn signal,lights and horn asrmbly for mounting on the steering wheel housing.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:57 PM   #8
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

So your rear lights have the wire harness plugged into them, but no wires running to the harness on the light? Is that what you mean?
It’s really easy to hook that up if that’s what your saying.
There’s the ground, running light which should turn on when you turn on the headlights and brake light When you hook up a switch for them.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:58 AM   #9
markp1958
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
So your rear lights have the wire harness plugged into them, but no wires running to the harness on the light? Is that what you mean?
It’s really easy to hook that up if that’s what your saying.
There’s the ground, running light which should turn on when you turn on the headlights and brake light When you hook up a switch for them.
The tail lights have wires coming out the back with a plug on the end / male or female not sure . They are just dangling not plugged into anything . I looked all around inside the opening in the fender and don't see anything to plug into .

My next step hopefully I can do it today is to figure out the brand and model .I'm wondering if some after markets just have the running light w/o brake light option. If these are running lights only I need to see about a better kit w/ brakes and turn signals .

I have more time than money right now so will be digging in soon lol
Old 01-29-2018, 09:41 PM   #10
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok I understand now.... looks like they were bought as a kit then...
Maybe the wire is there from the kit with the headlights.
Check the harness under the front cow how it runs to the headlights.
Is it a nice harness setup.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha