lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2019, 10:17 PM   #1
Beaverpilot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2pg engine shortage

Anyone else experiencing a looong delay in getting the overhaul kit? I’m in Canada and ordered a top end rebuild in early September. There is no ETA from the supplier. Anyone else having these issues.
Beaverpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2pg engine shortage

Who is the supplier? These motors have been discontinued for many, many years. If you're waiting for OEM subaru/Robin's then you have a veeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyy long wait (like never lol).

If you're waiting on an aftermarket, theres lots out there. I'd cancel and order from someone else.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:24 AM   #3
Ehust
Not Yet Wild

I needed the top end kit and was told very nicely don’t hold my breathe. I think the guy said there is one company making the castings now and they only run them once, twice a year. I wound up getting a stock bore piston and giving the bore a hone. Dude had all the gaskets. Been 3 weeks stillwaiting the motor mounts to show up. Nice guy in Florida. Laughed cause he grew up in the same town I’m in in NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ehust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:33 AM   #4
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

I did a search for ya, it's about a 50:50 on it being in stock right now. From past experience the ones that say it's in stock may not have it either, they just haven't updated their site. Since you ordered it from a place that is out of stock I'd call around to the others that claim they do and go from there.....

I did a complete rebuild kit (includes crankshaft) about 2 years ago and went through the same thing, it said it was in stock when I ordered it then found out a couple weeks later it was on back order. I finally cancelled that order and called everyone I could find in the country, after about 2 months they all had them again. It's a slow boat from China too, Good Luck
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #5
Beaverpilot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies. I got word today that they are in at the supplier and should be on my doorstep in 10 days. Wish me luck
Beaverpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:03 PM   #6
Ehust
Not Yet Wild

My piston is in apparently waiting on motor mounts now. I wish they would split ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ehust is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO