lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2020, 08:07 AM   #21
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent front coilover modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evancarey1 View Post
I found these that I want to try on my 3.5 lifted precedent https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-230mm-...0AAOSwtxlb37bt

I also want to swap my heavy duty rear leaf springs for dual action ones. I’m hoping that will soften the ride.
Well let us know how they work out for you. As far as the leaf springs, just remove a leaf or 2 from your springs you have now. They will still hold all the weight you need and ride much softer.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2020, 10:25 AM   #22
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Remove leafs from the front? Mine runs rough but I dont wanna make it handle worse
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:41 AM   #23
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteramatt View Post
Remove leafs from the front? Mine runs rough but I dont wanna make it handle worse
You Yamer hammer guys! lol
As far as removing leafs, I was referring to the rear HD springs that ride like crap. They usually have 4 leafs and unless your hauling a car in there, 4 is way too much. With 2 leafs you can haul 4 adults all day and still feel very sturdy.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:19 PM   #24
iamtristan12
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a 2016 Precedent with the MAdJax 6" lift w/ HD leaf springs. Rides great on the road. But in the grass or a field, it beats you to death. Already have the tires between 8 and 10 psi.
Wondering if I remove a leaf from the center set in front and one from each side on the back will help?
Will this ruin cornering or make it top heavy?
Also, is there a beefy coil over conversion for this model I can find or price?

Thanks for any tips!
iamtristan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:37 PM   #25
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff McGuire View Post
You Yamer hammer guys! lol
As far as removing leafs, I was referring to the rear HD springs that ride like crap. They usually have 4 leafs and unless your hauling a car in there, 4 is way too much. With 2 leafs you can haul 4 adults all day and still feel very sturdy.
Look at my sig I have a CC too. And I was referring to removing the top leaf on my front lift kit as its really stiff and just running one.
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:52 PM   #26
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Matt - I know. I saw your sig and thus is why i was giving you a hard time. I've been a Yamaha guy since i got my 1979 mx100 as a kid. Many Yamaha quads since then. Just sold my last one last year.

When referring to removing leafs, we were speaking in terms of the rear. I think you could safely remove one of the fronts. You might risk loosing some height and having a tire rub though.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:42 PM   #27
Evancarey1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff McGuire View Post
Well let us know how they work out for you. As far as the leaf springs, just remove a leaf or 2 from your springs you have now. They will still hold all the weight you need and ride much softer.
Oops... already ordered the dual action rear with Monroe shocks. I have the madjax lift kit and the double stack front leaf spring is stiff. I might pull the top leaf off and try to find a suitable shock option for the front as well. Has anyone found a front shocks besides the stock ones?
Evancarey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:25 AM   #28
Ryann8786
Not Yet Wild

I Wonder how the ride would be affected if I did not remove the front leaf spring, and just added a lower spring constant coilover to replace the shocks. I would think the lower spring constant could give way first, softening the ride. Similar to the dual action leaf springs. It would also make up for the front leaf sag that has started already. Just need to measure how much force per inch of compression required to lift it ~1.5"-2" inches.
Ryann8786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 11:02 PM   #29
Ryann8786
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryann8786 View Post
I Wonder how the ride would be affected if I did not remove the front leaf spring, and just added a lower spring constant coilover to replace the shocks. I would think the lower spring constant could give way first, softening the ride. Similar to the dual action leaf springs. It would also make up for the front leaf sag that has started already. Just need to measure how much force per inch of compression required to lift it ~1.5"-2" inches.
Scratch that. I wasn't thinking clearly. All that would do is increase the spring constant, it would raise it slightly, however stiffer overall spring constant.
Ryann8786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:54 PM   #30
Bigjmain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jseal View Post
I have a 2006 Precedent, with a 6” Steeleng double A-arm lift kit. The front leaf spring is a two leaf setup, short, and very stiff. I will be disconnecting/ removing the front leaf springs, then replacing the existing front shocks with 400 lb coilover shocks, using the existing mountings. Any comments on the outcome? Shocks will be here in a week. Thankyou for any input.
How are these working out? Want to convert mine and haven’t found a softer spring
Bigjmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car