lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2020, 08:04 AM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Program change for Increased Tire Diameter?

I agree. Something like the code 4 on a club car. Pay some money to get the unlock code for your controller but also you are signing a release saying you won’t sue them if you do something stupid.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2020, 04:22 PM   #12
TylerDurden
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I use my cart as a utility vehicle and a trail rider. The trails I ride are NOT high speed trails. The trails are narrow, winding, and have some pretty steep hills. They are also quite bumpy (rocks, limbs, etc.). I enjoy slowly riding the trails without spooking the wildlife. Larger tires and a mild lift kit are essential to traverse some of the trails.
Instead of increasing max current through programming or replacing the controller, I thought maybe I could change the gear ratio of the differential. So I have been searching the internet for differential gear sets that would increase the torque at the rear tires. I am more than willing to lose some top speed for increased torque, especially since my cart currently runs 23 mph. Surprisingly, I have not been able to find any gear sets that have a higher ratio than the stock 16.99:1. All I have been able to find are "high speed" gear sets.
Does anyone know where a "low speed" high torque gear set could be purchased?
TylerDurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:12 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Jacobsen. There are higher (numerical) ratios available inside the textron/ezgo umbrella. May be hard to find, but they're out there.

A great approach if you aren't looking for the "I want max speed & all the torque").

I wish more people could understand, like you do, that speed & torque are always a tradeoff, fighting each other.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO