lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #11
BUBBASGOPED
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 91 Club Car: Engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
The FE engines have a VERY visible "OHV" on the valve cover.

The KF82/FZ340 (341) engine is a flathead with the spark plug sticking straight up,
Here's a thread scotty did a while back:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...d-rebuild.html

The clutch is pressure fit and in most cases, requires a special tool to remove it from the engine crank shaft.
Here's recent thread about that, if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ff-1999-a.html

I'm a little late... but I hope some of this helps!

It is the flat head.

Thank you so much! Any other helpfull hints would be nice!

My (father inlaws, but for the family) Cart is a 87 EzGo with a Robin two stroke. It is almost too underpowered for my lift and tires.

This Club Car is my wifes uncles.
BUBBASGOPED is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m sorry i didn,t get back to you sooner but between my puter acting up and my oldest lab and dealing with his health........also i have my engines mixed up for some reason i,m thinking your 91 should have the old flathead and thats not the case...............again i,m sorry for the confusion.......... after reading the last post your saying you do have the flathead? the kf82?? thats the one that parts are hard to come by but its worth trying to find them...... you can yank the engine and than take the clutch off......when you get the clutch off just take the whole side cover off and everything is ight there i think i mentioned if you can afford buy the complete rebuild kit as it gives you everything you need and than some...........if you can,t find it let me know and i,ll try.
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #13
BUBBASGOPED
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i,m sorry i didn,t get back to you sooner but between my puter acting up and my oldest lab and dealing with his health........also i have my engines mixed up for some reason i,m thinking your 91 should have the old flathead and thats not the case...............again i,m sorry for the confusion.......... after reading the last post your saying you do have the flathead? the kf82?? thats the one that parts are hard to come by but its worth trying to find them...... you can yank the engine and than take the clutch off......when you get the clutch off just take the whole side cover off and everything is ight there i think i mentioned if you can afford buy the complete rebuild kit as it gives you everything you need and than some...........if you can,t find it let me know and i,ll try.
I was told it is going to be hard to find parts. It looks like the pictures that the guy linked me too!

So how should I proceed? Where can I get parts?

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

what are your plans? i think it will be a lot easier to find a whole kit rather than just certain parts..........are you interested in a rebuild kit? if your gonna open it up and replace a few things i would do a rebuild its not hard and that engine is worth it..........................
Old 03-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #15
BUBBASGOPED
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
what are your plans? i think it will be a lot easier to find a whole kit rather than just certain parts..........are you interested in a rebuild kit? if your gonna open it up and replace a few things i would do a rebuild its not hard and that engine is worth it..........................
Ya we want to rebuild it. I was told last night that it was in fact run out of oil! So this whole thing could have been avoided.

Where can I buy a rebuild kit? Vendors on here?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can try here and put your e-mail up if i can come up with anything i,ll send you an e-mail with the info.......................
Old 03-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #17
BUBBASGOPED
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
you can try here and put your e-mail up if i can come up with anything i,ll send you an e-mail with the info.......................
My email is my user name (lower case) plus:

@yahoo.com
Old 03-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m gonna send you an e-mail i found all parts........................ e-mail sent.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #19
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Here are some pics of a 341 .... last year just about everything you would need was available to just about any golf cart parts dealer

Attached Images
File Type: jpg redX.jpg (6.8 KB, 86 views)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #20
BUBBASGOPED
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
i,m gonna send you an e-mail i found all parts........................ e-mail sent.
Thanks! I will be getting a hold of them!

I will keep this thread posted on my rebuild.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car