lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
Seastar
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: low budget performance upgrades 95 clubcar ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by khb2 View Post
I think my 10yo will be OK.looking at the types of retractable seat belts now.told her I was gonna put a 6 point harness in it!she said only if she could put a #48 on it.hah I think not.I say #29 &the wife says #88....we don't listen to her too much!anyways i do not have a harness on the motor only 4 posts.is the control bolted directly above the motor?it is a silver box?
Go with 48. My wife is Jimmy's #1 fan. When he wins, I get lucky. ( at my age, I'm almost glad he is not winning all that much this year.)
Seastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #12
khb2
Not Yet Wild

That is true.smoke ran good last nite.is the silver box above the motor the controller and exactly what does a controller control??like I said before this is my first cart.no one around here to ask about it.everyone buys them all ready fixed up.I want one that I built like I do with my personal vehicles.thank u for all your help.
khb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #13
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by khb2 View Post
That is true.smoke ran good last nite.is the silver box above the motor the controller and exactly what does a controller control??like I said before this is my first cart.no one around here to ask about it.everyone buys them all ready fixed up.I want one that I built like I do with my personal vehicles.thank u for all your help.
The controller controls the amount of amps that go from your batteries to your motor. Like a faucet controls water flow. The bigger the controller, the more juice to your motor. If you want a new controller, don't forget that all the wires that supply the controller and the motor have to be addressed as well, including the soleniod.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #14
khb2
Not Yet Wild

I have been an automotive tech for over 18yrs now so the experiance of electricity is nothing new.the relativity is actually very close.however the part names are different as well as the the therory.if you dont know the the therory then you will never be able to diagnose or repair the problem.I do have alot of questions and hope I am not a nuscience to y'all.thanks again for all help
Old 10-16-2011, 11:06 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No problem any mechanical or electrical background is an asset... so ask away
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #16
Seastar
Not Yet Wild

KHB2: Keep the questions coming. There is a lot I don't know and your questions may be ones that myself or others haven't thought to ask. I have learned more from other peoples questions about various parts of the carts & the answers given. This is all new to me and I'm formulating all the thinks that I need to do. In the last 24 hours the need for a Digital voltage meter and #4 battery cables has become apparent.
Seastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
khb2
Not Yet Wild

OK I'm sold on the 36vlt motor for my cart.looking around now for one.can I use a good stock motor or should I go with a performance motor.how will the 36vlt motors affect my driving time.ie-distance and time.I do have new batteries in it now.interstate.(still doing the new break in procedure,thanks Scotty for that info on ur site!)and I do take into consideration driving styles and terrain have alot to with it.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #18
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Start off with a stock motor. You can always send it to someone like plum quisk later if you feel the need. Look for an old junker cart that is a 36v series. You can find one for around $100.00 or so. Get the motor and what ever parts you need from the thing.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

36V motor gets my vote!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #20
khb2
Not Yet Wild

Great advise.now I just have to find some parts!thanks for the info.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car