lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Seastar
Not Yet Wild

Default Batteries, charging & maintenance.

I just read Scottyb's tutorials and would like to say thanks to Scotty. Your information on break-in period and charging answered a lot of questions that had not yet occurred to me. I was not aware that new batteries came with only a 75% potential, but I have been following this break-in procedure and did notice an increase in speed after about 10 cycles. Now I know why. My wife kicked the cart out of the garage because she could hear and smell the batteries bubbling. Now I know that is normal.
I would recommend your tutorial as a must read for all new cart owners and especially anybody that has purchased, or is contemplating the purchase of new batteries.
Thanks, John
& thanks to this great site.
Seastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries, charging & maintenance.

Take care of your batteries and they will take care of you! Wait, your wife kicked the cart out of the garage! Who wears the paints around there?
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thank you for the feedback.
I noticed here on the BGW site that many golf cart owners were struggling with the basic care and operation of their electric cart. That was the inspiration to create easy access to some basic wet cell battery use information... I too recommend the whole battery tutorial reading for anyone who is interested in proper use and care of their electric cart.

I hate when I see that the learning curve involves buying new batteries because they were unintentionally damaged due to a lack of understanding how they work.

If you own an electric golf cart and you haven't read this info yet.......
Grab a cup of coffee and head on over to the site
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
Seastar
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Take care of your batteries and they will take care of you! Wait, your wife kicked the cart out of the garage! Who wears the paints around there?
My wife wears the pants in this family, because I let her.
Actually I have a 40 x 60 shop and that is where the cart is now. We use the garage as a smoking area and the acid smell was a little too intense.
A little story about what I have to put up with from my wife: I spent a year looking for a new, larger boat and finally found what I wanted. My wife said are you sure that is what you want, and when i said yes, she sent me too walk the dog. A half hour latter she came out of the dealership and told me that I could pick up my new boat in two days. Don't know what it cost, and don't care. Thats why I have been happily married to her for about 100 years.
John
Old 10-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seastar View Post
My wife wears the pants in this family, because I let her.
Actually I have a 40 x 60 shop and that is where the cart is now. We use the garage as a smoking area and the acid smell was a little too intense.

A little story about what I have to put up with from my wife: I spent a year looking for a new, larger boat and finally found what I wanted. My wife said are you sure that is what you want, and when i said yes, she sent me too walk the dog. A half hour latter she came out of the dealership and told me that I could pick up my new boat in two days. Don't know what it cost, and don't care. Thats why I have been happily married to her for about 100 years.
John
Not a good idea to smoke around charging batteries. Make sure the area is vented well. I charge mine outside, weather permitting and the seat lifted. I just like to be over cautious
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Does your wife have any sisters?
Seriously, She sounds wonderful

Now about that smoking...you know it's bad for you?
Old 10-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
Seastar
Not Yet Wild

Scotty, you would not like the sisters; I don't. She is wonderful. And yes, I know smoking is bad for me, but I'm trying to quit. (every day, right after the next one)
Old 10-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seastar View Post
Scotty, you would not like the sisters; I don't. She is wonderful. And yes, I know smoking is bad for me, but I'm trying to quit. (every day, right after the next one)
You can do it just put the open pack in the dresser drawer and see how long you can leave them there ... It has been 12 yrs for me now, you can do it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car