lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
brent628
Not Yet Wild

Default 2011 EZGO whines and hesitates on start

Hello. My 2011 EZGO hesitates before going. It makes a whining sound and the oil light comes on. It had been backfiring for some time. I attempted to adjust the airflow screw (I think that is what it's called) on advice from a friend. It runs great, but in the past few days, it has begun to hesitate for sometimes up to 10 seconds before starting. It makes a whining sound before starting. The belts move about 2 inches like it is going to kick on, but then sits there and whines for 5 to 10 seconds before kicking in. It is not the sound of the belt slipping. It is more of an electrical sound. I have only been through 2 tanks of gas and just purchased the cart a little over a year ago. Any body have any clue what could be going on? It is a 3 bencher, so I don't even have a big enough trailer to take it to get looked at.
brent628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
brent628
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2011 EZGO whines and hesitates on start

P.S. I have seen similar posts on here but it doesn't seem to be the same as mine. I have since adjusted the screw many times trying to find a correct setting (in case what i did "screwed" it up).. but nothing I do seems to work. What is the proper setting for the screw?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

First off welcome to BGW. I'm sorry I can't give you any assistance but there are so many people on here that can, you'll find the answer. These guys/gals are great and have more knowledge then jeopardy! Good luck with your issue.
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
brent628
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Lance.. Just so frustrating something that is such a luxury makes me want to bang my head of the steering wheel!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
beater cart
Gone Wild

Did you look at the starter belt and make sure it is tight? Might also load test the battery.
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #6
rfquiggle
Not Yet Wild

May have a fuel pump problem.
rfquiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #7
brent628
Not Yet Wild

The only consistent thing is that when I have adjusted the screw, it would get better or worse. Now I have adjusted it all the way from tight to loose and it makes no difference. Like I have said, I bought it new and have only driven it enough to go through two tanks of gas. Would I be having these kind of issues this soon if it wasn't something I did by doing the adjustment? I'm totally new to the EZGO world. We grew up with a Yamaha.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #8
brent628
Not Yet Wild

Thank you guys for your responses.. Maybe that will make a little more sense out of it.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
brent628
Not Yet Wild

Also, how does one load test a battery? I'm not a mechanic, but love to learn how to do things on my own.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #10
beater cart
Gone Wild

You buy a tool for it.
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_68t1cgftuy_e
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backfires, hesitate, whines
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO