lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
madscientistmike
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart surging

Not sure If I should post this here or over in the clone big block section but I'll start here. I put a 16hp clone in my ezgo and had to custom mount it. It started up and worked fine but i wanted to put a new spring in the driven clutch so a friend of mine and I pulled it apart to put the new spring on. The ramp shoes were toast and the helix was badly grooved. One of the ramp shoe bolts broke when trying to remove. We drilled out the broken bolt, tapped it for a slightly larger bolt and put it back together with a new helix, new ramp shoes, and much stronger spring.

Now the cart makes a funny kind of surge or lurching when im cruising at about 5-10 mph. It will feel like it loads up a bit and then lurch. Is there something going wrong in the driven clutch?

thanks
Mike
madscientistmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
WJ ezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart surging

....just curious, did you by chance change the belt yet?
WJ ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
madscientistmike
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart surging

yes, belt has been replaced with a longer belt due to the new position of the clone motor.
madscientistmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO