lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #11
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: No rear brakes 2000 club car

I could have sworn that Scotty stated in Gorhad's thread that the L is the lead shoe and the T is the trailing shoe. I'd go back and re-read that.

ScottyB "In your picture the shoe marked L is the leading shoe and the T is the trailing shoe. "
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #12
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

that is correct but leading shoe 17L is the one that is to the rear and the17T trailing shoe is to the front some engineers way of causing headaches for the layman i just know the 17L always goes to the back
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #13
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilster734 View Post
that is correct but leading shoe 17L is the one that is to the rear and the17T trailing shoe is to the front some engineers way of causing headaches for the layman i just know the 17L always goes to the back
What we used to call the leading shoe was the one with the thinner amount of brake material, (facing front,) and the trailing shoe was the one with the most brake material, (in the rear and usually the larger shoe.) I've had my brake drums off on my Precedent but never looked for the L or T or removed the shoes and both shoes looks close to equal in material thickness so I'll leave if for those that have changed them before.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #14
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

i thought the same thing when i read the manual. then had todo a double take and just go with what they had in the book. i not edumacated as they is
Old 03-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #15
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilster734 View Post
i thought the same thing when i read the manual. then had todo a double take and just go with what they had in the book. i not edumacated as they is

I posted a pic of a brake assembly for a 2005-2006 Precedent to see if it might help that person in the other thread. (I admit that I have never done a brake job on a CC, I've only played with the adjusters and sanded my shoes down.) And this Lead and Trailing brake shoe was still getting to me until I realized one major difference between the way it is with autos and the way it is with CC's. The way it is on a car, the wheel cylinders are at the top of the backing plate. On a CC the actuator is at the bottom. So if we flip the picture around we still have lead in front and trailing in rear. On autos Lead shoes always had less material on them, especially at the top of the shoe, since they were activated with the top of the shoe hitting the spinning drum coming down on that shoe. The same thing happens on a CC but the lead shoe would have to be at the rear since that is where it’s being activated into the spinning drum.

So my point of all this... "i not edumacated as they is either!" But I did have coffee this morning!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #16
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorrick91 View Post
just installed new shoes and drums on rear and cannot get them to adjust out. Everything was put back the original way.
Did you scuff up the new drums??? New shoes and new drums, 2 slick surfaces unless scuffed with Scotchbrite of fine sandpaper disc.
Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #17
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Are you sure it was just coffee in that mug? you are truely correct and glad to have that info now cause my buddies kept telling me trailing shoe to the rear always and leading shoe towards front. Boy wait till i tell them someone edumacated me on this one . i bet i will seem like a mechanical engineer when i give this little tidbit of info. thanks scuba
Old 03-14-2014, 10:05 PM   #18
wildandwonderfulprod
Gone Wild

So which is it? lead in front or trail in front?!?! Now y'all got me confused. I have a 93 CC DS.
wildandwonderfulprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #19
wildandwonderfulprod
Gone Wild

Mine don't have L or T. They have these numbers.
wildandwonderfulprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #20
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Leading in the back of cart
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car