lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
kcbbqguru
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to know which model of battery to get?

I put in a new set of us 2200 batteries, I got a great deal at a local wholesaler 89.95 each
kcbbqguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #12
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

But what about my controller? Do I need a larger controller, if I go with better batteries? I don't know what size my controller is now.
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #13
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
But what about my controller? Do I need a larger controller, if I go with better batteries? I don't know what size my controller is now.
You won't need to change the controller as long as you stay with the same voltage. From what you have posted, I'd say that a fresh set of good batteries would make a world of difference in the performance of your cart. Of course you could upgrade the controller and on and on but from what you describe as your normal useage of the cart I'd bet that a fresh set of good batteries would be all you really need.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You might want to take a close look at the cables also. It would be a good time to replace them while you've got them off to replace the batteries.

If you can see bluish-green corrosion in the cable or it is smaller than 4Ga, they should be replaced. If they are small, be sure to replace them all the way to the motor since any small cable in the chain will become a bottleneck for current.

FWIW - I experienced better low end performance when I replaced my stock 4Ga cables and they didn't look all that bad.

New batteries are on my To-Do list also and I'm pretty sure they'll be T-145's.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:58 AM   #15
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Terry and Johnnie.

Yes, the guy said he'd replace the cables too, and use 4 ga. He's also going to srcape down the battery frame and paint it. I asked about a new frame, but he said this one is probably okay and it looks like they're making them in aluminum now. I still have to decide on the model, but I have until Monday.
Thanks again for your input!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #16
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

I picked up a TXT with 2010 T-105's yesterday and brought is home to test it out. I used it intermittently all day, around the neighborhood, to the clubhouse, to the range (for those of you who don't know it is a place at the golf course where you go to practice, cos some of use actually play GOLF with GOLF cars) and to a friends house. and the car didn't slow down at any point. It still had plenty of charge, and it hadn't even been on the charger. T-105's broken in properly, like on this car, will be perfectly fine.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO