lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
jay1028
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Insurance woes

I am in north east Florida and have a state registered street legal 99 EZGO TXT. We needed to get it street legal in order to drive it on the street to get our kids to and from the school bus stop. It was about a $700 expense getting outfitted and titled with a VIN.

I am finding it very difficult to find insurance for it since the state requires it since it is used on the street. If we add it to our current auto policy, they must add the uninsured motorist (UA) coverage that we have on the other cars and that will add $80/year extra. I have found that to be typical of any insurance company. If you have UA on one vehicle, they force you to have it on all vehicles on the policy. A lot of companies don't even recognize an LSV. Since it is registered, it is designated as ASPT, now the 1999 cart is actually a 2011 vehicle on the title.

I need help from you guys that have insured their carts as to how you got it insured. Most companies I have contacted have declined once they hear it is a street legal cart.

Thanks,

Jay
jay1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
jay1028
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Insurance woes

Am I the only one in this situation???

Any help??
Old 09-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
jay1028
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm moving over to the other cart forum. Maybe they will help.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A lot of us most likely do not have them street legal or registered and insured..... Neither of mine are.

I have State Farm on my family cars, but I have used GIECO for insuring one I do not want on my regular policy. Maybe they would on a cart too......
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1028 View Post
Hey be patient, a bunch of work during the day and can not spend all day here.

Do you know anybody down in the Villages? Call a dealer down there, maybe they can help.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Try Progressive they typically will insure just about anything and I have had carts insured by them in the past.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
johnk4jmk
Getting Wild

Yamaha

dont know if this will help you, but i live in tenessee and have farm bureau insurance, all i had to prove was a sales reciept and a vin number, we ride our cart on the streets and never had any trouble with police and weve been spotted from everything from county to state troopers. But anyway our insurance is 7.00 yes 7 dollers for 150,000 collision and liability hope this helps you.
johnk4jmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1028 View Post
While you're there, look up a user named BadToTheBone. He's from Florida (allegedly) and knows EVERYTHING.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #9
SHRINER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Darn Gorno we lost another one. Is this a payed website,if it is you guys ain't payed enough !
SHRINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
jay1028
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The Villages are their community and their own laws. They don't need to be state registered to drive on their private streets. Progressive is useless and was of no help just as Allstate,State Farm,Geico,Nationwise, ...They don't recognize an LSV. Searched for BadToTheBone and nothing turned up.

The only reason I am going through all this is because a stinking cop that had nothing better to do, pulled over to the side of the road where I was waiting for the kids school bus to arrive. He gave me a mouth of crap about not having it licensed to drive on the street and stated he would be looking for me again with a fine of $150. I drive it on a short stretch of street posted at 25mph.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO