lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Pupator
Not Yet Wild

Default Buying used - is this description a problem?

I'm looking into buying my first buggie. I've found one used that's in my price range - a 1995 EZ Go electric with the code 12|95. The owner describes it this way:

Quote:
EZGO golf cart with rear seat, roof and charger . Cart has new front shocks and extra wheels and tires. Does need the batterys checked,it will loose half the charge in less than a mile of driving other than that runs good.
First - the price is <$1000 which seems fair to me for this. Second - what should I be looking out for here? Could there be a more major problem than just bad batteries as the cause of the rapid discharge?

Thanks!
Pupator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
bigned
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Buying used - is this description a problem?

Batteries will be a must it sounds like. That will be around $700, I bought a 2001 for $1350 with 3 year old batteries. I have no idea what part of the country you are from but in the Kentucky tri state area that would be a high price at this time. There are a lot of good buys out there right now, be patient and check craigslist in rv's in your area. You may get a much newer cart for just a little more money than you are paying. Just advice, I am no guru of anything.
bigned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Pupator
Not Yet Wild

Here's a noobie question: how many batteries will go in the cart at once? Assuming it's just a battery problem, how many am I looking at replacing at once?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

You should always replace the entire pack. A bad battery in the pack will draw down the good batteries in the pack.

The good batteries will always work harder than the bad ones thus deteriorating the effective life of the good batteries.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
Pupator
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for that. Do you know how many batteries I should expect in the pack?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
bigned
Not Yet Wild

6-6 volt batteries for a 36v cart and add 4ga. wires are what to expect for a good result.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
Thanks for that. Do you know how many batteries I should expect in the pack?
If it's stock? you would be looking at 6-6 volt batteries for a 36 volt pack.

Here's another live thread with regards to what batteries to buy,

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ttery-get.html
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
Papaw14
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If you are in the Ashland Kentucky area there are several carts on the Huntington-Ashland Craigslist. Just search for golf carts.
Papaw14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
Pupator
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all this helpful information. So we're looking at ~$600 for batteries and we'll throw in another $100 for replacement wiring (I'm not sure yet if it needs it). He says the current batteries were from 2008. He also tells me there's a small crack in the roof.

His asking price is $800. Since I have to put ~$700 in it, do you think that's a fair price? Should I offer less? Should I pass on this one completely? (I really like the way it looks - red, front and rear seats, in very good external condition).
Old 09-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
bigned
Not Yet Wild

You have to be the judge on that one. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but I would look for a newer cart that I did'nt have to fix all that stuff. A new roof is about $175 and if you add all the things you have to purchase you could be in the $1700 range. There are a lot of real good buys out there for that price imo.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO