lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2011, 06:39 AM   #11
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85 ezgo

Tks ....I did'nt know quite how the current ran! I'll check it out . Do you know if a micro switch can be bad even if it clicks?
stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
kennyh99
Not Yet Wild

U need a meter to see if its bad, when it clicks, it should close, sending voltage threw,

A easy way to test is to use a jumper wire and bypass one switch at a time, then u will see which one isnt closing, but a meter is alot easier if u can get one
kennyh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #13
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Did it! Tks...i think i have a bad key switch or a bad ground to the cart. The micros all check o.k. You guys are a lot of help!!
Old 10-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

stuff, you can pick up a decent volt/ohm meter at harbor freight or most auto parts store. this will help a lot. just so you know, there are no ground wires to the frame of an electric cart. good luck.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah" i know about the no ground thing...brain dead..I have a meter and checked voltage everywhere...all i can get is 6 volts all over the cart. Got 36 at the plug??. All the micros checked out good, solenoid good,wires,connections, Tks all!!!???
Old 10-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #16
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok here's the deal! I think i have it. I found a broken wire on one of the micro switches. I completely rewired it just like the diagram that scotty sent me( tks scotty) It was some different then mine! "Hope it works" I read were someone said that if you wire your cart ..do just like the diagram says...don't jump around! So thats what i did. I'll put my bats in soon and hope i'm good to go. I need to pay the piper before he cuts me off..ha... Tks again..stuff
Old 10-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #17
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy Re: 85 ezgo

Got 38.4v @ battery pack. Solenoid clicks but only 33.4 in and out. Everything else checks out good...? stuff
Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #18
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

one more thing..i jumped around the solenoid..still didn't work. Any help appreciated!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #19
stuff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Scotty b...kennyh99..hope i havn't confussed or irratated anyone with my posts..It's been a circus for me! Last post on this thread! This is what i've came up with. I think i have a bad solenoid. As i said earlier i have 38.5v@ battery pack but i only have 33.4 at the solenoid in and out and at the f&r switch terminals. i jumped around the solenoid...no go. But...if i don't have enough voltage (36v) to trip i don't think from what i've read it will activate it. Is that right? Micros,wires,connections,ect are good. I've corrected a couple of things but still no go..i need help...tks stuff
Old 10-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #20
kennyh99
Not Yet Wild

sounds like one or two batteries are weak under load, press the pedal and check each battery under load, one at a time, they should all be the same voltage, youll find a couple very low i suspect.
kennyh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO