lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
08rufftuff4x4
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 8 volt batteries , how much do you watter them

i just baught a 2008 ruff tuff 4x4 cart , it looks like a EZGO , is a 48 volt system , i looked on the batterys and the WARNING says warranty voided if vent cover tampered with ,the charge meter drops fast the first 20 to 30 minutes then slows considerably and levels of , i had to know so i picked one and poped off the vent cap and sure nuff cant see liquid at all , im no expert on these Discover EV805A-A batteries but this cant be good..i also noticed a white resadue built up on top of cells , ide be glad to hear any and all coments on watter levells and maintainance to help sulfer build up on cells.. also wht about the DISCOVER BATTERIES the any good or what??? I DID READ COMENTS ON THIS SITE CONCERNIN THIS BUT THEY WERE OLD ...
08rufftuff4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 8 volt batteries , how much do you watter them

Put in enough distilled water to cover the plates a bit ... The damage may already be done ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

2 things you MUST have if you are gonna own a electric cart.

http://www.batterymart.com/p-vellema...FZAs7AodZG8oMA

http://www.batterymart.com/p-ez-red-...FRIq7AoduFPyHw
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
08rufftuff4x4
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Put in enough distilled water to cover the plates a bit ... The damage may already be done ?
dont have any here and its several miles to town from here, would you recomend making the trip tonight or is ther any harm in waitin till tomarow ??
Old 10-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
08rufftuff4x4
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

i have a good meeter but no hydrometer
Old 10-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
08rufftuff4x4
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Question Re: 8 volt batteries , how much do you watter them

now that i have removed the "vent cover" they said dont remove whats sugjested for a proper cover holder oner now ?? i have small openings with ruber covers that now are poping up with air pressure during charge .. the second one has no watter visable eather .. im reckanin i should remove the rest and add distilled watter , am i reckanin corectly ??
Old 10-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #7
08rufftuff4x4
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

upon closer inspection a better first questin would have been , how to tend to a dry cell battery seans as how thats what a discover ev805a is ..as i get older i find myself understandin more and more the profound truth in my grandpas words as he told me " Gary , its better to keep quiet and let folks think you dont know nothin than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Any sugjestions on helping or maintaining dry cells ?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #8
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

More than likely the damage has been done with the cells being dry. but do this for the guys here.

Get some distilled water and fill each cell until the plates are covered in each, then fully charge the batteries. unplug the charger once it completes the charge and wait about a hour for the batteries to level off, then take a reading from each with your multimeter and post it here for all the batteries.
The guys here will break the bad or good news to you based off of those readings.
Anything in the 8.45 range is good, but anything in the 8.25 or lower and you are getting batteries for Christmas.

Any auto parts store should have a $5 to $10 Hydrometer, I'd recommend picking one up, it is the best way to tell if you have a dead cell.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I thought the discovery was a dry cell "maintenence free" battery... like an Optima or Oddesey? AGM?
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #10
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08rufftuff4x4 View Post
upon closer inspection a better first questin would have been , how to tend to a dry cell battery seans as how thats what a discover ev805a is ..as i get older i find myself understandin more and more the profound truth in my grandpas words as he told me " Gary , its better to keep quiet and let folks think you dont know nothin than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Any sugjestions on helping or maintaining dry cells ?
http://www.discover-energy.com/files...ets/EV805A.pdf
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO