lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
jonnymoon5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default what to do, what to do...

well since my cart had a flood incident, and the gas conversion is off the table for me, i might just try to bring black betty back to life. So, i'm gonna get 3 new batteries, probably gonna match a full set with napa golf cart batteries, gonna rebuild the rear end (and finally get rid of that damned grinding bearing) and probably replace shocks all around. my questions for you guys, what types of shocks and leaf springs should i get all around, and what should i do for a new charger. the old one perished in the flood, and is actually MIA and probably floated away also, should i bite the bullet and do a controller conversion while she's apart. lastly, battery tray issue; how much of a PIA is it to replace them all without a welder? they look in rough shape.

thanks everyone for your help in the past restoration tips, and now the flood mitigation and everything in between.
-jonnymoon5

PS: i might do a little something something with that little 125cc that i got sitting around
jonnymoon5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: what to do, what to do...

remind us, what sort of cart do you have? are you going to lift it? the batt tray can be built using bolts and angle iron. or you cut all the pieces then take it to someone to weld up. the springs can be taken apart, cleaned and sanded, then painted and reassembled with some sort of slippery substance. if you have an older resistor cart, scotty at carts unlimited has a kit to convert to a controller type.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
jonnymoon5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

i have a 89 marathon. i know scotty has that kit, i've been looking at it. she's already lifted, but i wanna do something new about it since its jerry-rigged with hockey pucks as spacers, and i wanna make a long travel or independent front lift. I'm probably going to replace the trays with bolt in angle iron.
thanks for the input
Old 10-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

where in jersey? my sister and her family live in east windsor, about 20 miles from trenton. the town i grew up in till i was 12 was lincoln park and they got flooded, but that is nothing new to them. they are on the passaic river.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
jonnymoon5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm up near paramus, but the golf cart was upstate at my trailer on the wallkill which had a record crest height.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
jonnymoon5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

so what type of charger should i get? I'm looking into onboard chargers, but would a regular be more practical?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO