lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
Capt. Hough
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery tray---1988 Ez-Go

I just picked up this cart last Friday and haven't really even begun to dig in. However, I did notice that the batteries (which seem to be in good shape) at one time or another have overflowed and created a mess of acid corrosion all under the rack.

My question is this, why don't these things have plastic battery trays like we use on our boats down here? After I clean this mess up is there any reason not to put the battteries in plastic trays?
Capt. Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
72volt_ezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery tray---1988 Ez-Go

I don't see a reason not to put the batteries in plastic trays as a matter of fact I think it would be great! Especially if it was a large enough tray to form a one piece unit with a dedicated drain to be able to rinse it.
The metal trays/rack are are pretty tight fit for the batteries so I don't think it could accomodate the thickness of the tray and still fit the batteries but maybe it will.
I don't know how much individual plastic trays would help against corrosion considering the acid mist lingering around there during charging and regular usage would still get to the metal. If you can make something work though,I don't see how it could possibly hurt anything!

Barna

Last edited by 72volt_ezgo; 10-20-2011 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: sp
72volt_ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO