lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #61
mike71
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1992 EZ GO Marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72volt_ezgo View Post
Yes the npx will work on your cart.It is just the non programmable alltrax.
And the specs are actually better.You could go 48V with that if you wanted to.

Yes my pot increased to 6800 or 6900 ohms when I tested it and it works fine.
Thanks again!
Can the Curtis be rebuilt? If so, what's the going rate? Is there an exchange/trade in or do you get your original rebuilt one back?
mike71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #62
mike71
Not Yet Wild

I now have the controller removed from the cart. Is there a way to test it without power being applied. I measured the ohms between B+ and A2 with my Fluke DVM and get .02ohms, swap the leads and get the same measurement(I'm not sure if this is a relevant test with the controller out of cart).
Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #63
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike71 View Post
I now have the controller removed from the cart. Is there a way to test it without power being applied. I measured the ohms between B+ and A2 with my Fluke DVM and get .02ohms, swap the leads and get the same measurement(I'm not sure if this is a relevant test with the controller out of cart).
About a month ago, (Specifically, 26-Oct-2011, Post #25 in this thread) I posted a manual for a Curtis 1204 controller.
Apparently you've overlooked Test 4-G beginning on page 34, specifically paragraph 3.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #64
mike71
Not Yet Wild

Yes I did. For some reason I only printed off the first 32 pages. Thanks again you've been helpful and patient.

I just measured between B+ and A- and I get .001 K ohms. The manual says to swap leads and you should get a higher resistance. I did this and I still get .001 K ohms. I did a continuity test between B+ and A- and it rings out.

Any thoughts on new vs. rebuilt controller which I posted in a new thread?
Old 11-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #65
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike71 View Post
.............Any thoughts on new vs. rebuilt controller which I posted in a new thread?
Coin toss. Essentially the same controller.
The big question between the two is do you trust the re-builder, but with a 2 yr warranty, it isn't much of an issue anyway.

On the other hand, if it was my MIL's cart, I would put in a 400+ amp controller. 2Ga cables, HD F/R switch and HD solenoid, but she drove a '68 Camaro with a 396 until she was in her 80's.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #66
mike71
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Coin toss. Essentially the same controller.
The big question between the two is do you trust the re-builder, but with a 2 yr warranty, it isn't much of an issue anyway.

On the other hand, if it was my MIL's cart, I would put in a 400+ amp controller. 2Ga cables, HD F/R switch and HD solenoid, but she drove a '68 Camaro with a 396 until she was in her 80's.
That's too Cool!! Mine drives a Nissan Versa but does have a Jag she occasonially drives to Church on Sun.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO