lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
borntobowhunt
Not Yet Wild

Default 91 marathon runs but wont move

Climbing a hill with 91 marathon,somthing gave.Wont move but when i jack it up wheels spin but i can stop them by hand.Pulled both axle shafts there fine,opened rear end,no metal shavings gears all look good.What is the weak link in the drive system?what should i check next?any ideals would be appreciated...
borntobowhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 marathon runs but wont move

Motor ???
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,ll bet you spun a hub........happens with E-Z all the time..........if there are hubcaps take them off the rear and get someone to try and drive while you watch rear axle shafts........i,ll bet you find one turning.........if so just replace hub and when you tighten it down tighten the crap out of it........................by the way this is C.C. elec so you,ll get more help if you post this in the right forum..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
72volt_ezgo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntobowhunt View Post
Climbing a hill with 91 marathon,somthing gave.Wont move but when i jack it up wheels spin but i can stop them by hand.Pulled both axle shafts there fine,opened rear end,no metal shavings gears all look good.What is the weak link in the drive system?what should i check next?any ideals would be appreciated...
You said axle shafts are fine.If so then your input shaft splines are gone up at the motor! Pull motor,the splines in it are probably fine but the shaft that goes in it (input shaft) splines spun off.
Barna
72volt_ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
borntobowhunt
Not Yet Wild

OK you were right on the money one of the hubs is spent...let me pick yer brain a little more...I put it back togather minus the hubs and I can stop the axle shafts by hand as well differential looks fine.maybe the splines going into the dif? what is the next thing to go when over worked?? thanks for your help
borntobowhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

Good to hear you got it fixed

you do not have a posi rear end in that cart, so yes you would be able to stop one axle, and thats about the only thing that goes wrong with ezgo rears, the hubs are a problem
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO