lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Serial #, Mfg. # location on 2009 TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
BACK OFF TOPIC - Hey JohnnieB: How did you accomplish the 10% improvement in your battery charge acceptance? By equalizing a lot?? I'm having a similar issue with batteries that were "mistreated". I'm in the process of equalizing right now, in the hopes that I can bring this set back from the "brink". -RAY
Pseudo-equalizing would probably be a better description since a Powerwise II shuts off automatically well below equalization voltage. I just restarted the charger a half dozen times after it shut off automatically. Then ran the cart a couple miles and did it again. Did that a couple days a week for several weeks. Since then I've been I recharging the batteries every night whether the cart is used on not.

I'm planning on replacing the batteries next spring (maybe?), so this winter I'm going to play some games with the charger and see if I can get the individual batteries up in the 7.8V range and let them gas until the SG stops increasing. I also might end up working on them one or two at a time if their SG's don't match close enough.

The problem is that I don't know if my batteries were ever boiled over or tipped far enough to spill, and then topped off with water, which would reduce the maximum SG obtainable.
If they don't come up to a SG in the 1.277 range, I still have a few trick up my sleeve.

Needless to say, I watch the electrolyte level and temperature closely.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO