lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #11
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: Possible OBC issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
this may help

Thanks! will try it tomorrow
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #12
willis2269
Not Yet Wild

Check the main Positive wire and make sure it is tight and not corroded you should have a 10gauge wire from the back of your charge port and a red coming off your solenoid or look at your key switch sounds like you have a voltage loss somewhere.
willis2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by willis2269 View Post
Check the main Positive wire and make sure it is tight and not corroded you should have a 10gauge wire from the back of your charge port and a red coming off your solenoid or look at your key switch sounds like you have a voltage loss somewhere.
Thanks for the suggestions! Checked the main positive earlier on, clean and tight and has the two wires on it that should be. already thought of keyswitch too, jumped it and still the same problem
Old 07-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #14
willis2269
Not Yet Wild

Just for piece of mind did you jump the key switch from behind the switch? If so check to make sure there isnt any breaks in the wires under the cart ohm them out or tug on the wires to make sure theres no breaks. Ive had this happen a time or two on all makes of carts..
willis2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #15
crash test dummy

93yellowclubcar is haveing 2 proplems with this cart and a problem wit a 99 .. on this on a 95 48 volt club car that will not go, not even a click of the solenoid, nor will it charge

let work on charging first
Old 07-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #16
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
93yellowclubcar is haveing 2 proplems with this cart and a problem wit a 99 .. on this on a 95 48 volt club car that will not go, not even a click of the solenoid, nor will it charge

let work on charging first
Thanks for all the help CTD, the progress with this cart would really be slower without it. I am having two problems with a 95, no go and no charge, but I don't have a 99 that's malfunctioning (and hope I don't ever lol) The charger is a Power Drive 1, but from what I've read you jump the OBC in the same way on it as in the pic, so I did. When I plug the charger into the wall, with the cart not plugged in, the charger kicks on and hums immediately and registers nothing on the ammeter. Is this normal? I just plugged it into the other 48 volt cart again before jumping the internals and it kicked on, the ammeter dropped as it should because the cart was charged, and within 5 or 10 minutes it had kicked off. I think the charger itself is fine.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #17
crash test dummy

yes the ''jumping'' turns charger on
''jumping" is to by pass OBC
if charger worked on another cart then test the OCB
Old 07-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #18
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
if charger worked on another cart then test the OCB
Okay, hate to sound dumb here, but what's that process? I've tried resetting it and that's a no go.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #19
crash test dummy

to by pass OCB
DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.…do not attempt unless you are familiar with electricity and electronics!
There are two ways to force the charger to turn on regardless of the OBC.

The first method is to disconnect the cart’s gray wire at the fuse near the charger receptacle. Then using a jumper wire, connect the receptacle side of the fused connector to the cart’s negative battery terminal. This will energize the charger’s 48V relay. If the charger doesn’t come on, it could be bad connections, wiring or charger relay.

The second method is to open the charger and remove the 120V wires from the relay and jump these together. This totally bypasses the relay and the OBC wire.

(If charger comes on but the charger ammeter shows 0 amps, check the fuse at the charging receptacle under the clear plastic cover.)

Both of these methods should both be temporary measures for troubleshooting, or as an emergency method of charging the batteries when they have been discharged so far that the OBC will not charge them.

The OBC provides the optimum method of charging the cart’s batteries. If the OBC is bad, it should be replaced
Old 07-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #20
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Okay, jumped the OBC, and the charger came on but no ammeter. fuse at charger receptacle is OK, jumped it as well to be sure, still getting same results.

Here's how I jumped it, am I correct in how I jumped it? also, since the charger kicked on does that mean the OBC is bad?

sorry for the bad pic, taken with a phone. jumped to the gray wire coming out of the back of the charger receptacle from the main - terminal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ccobcjump.jpg (135.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car