lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #21
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Save A Battery---Anyone using one?

6 of my batteries are 15 months old and the other 2 are six weeks old. I have learned proper battery care from this site and that is what I try my best to practice.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2014, 09:45 PM   #22
ltmoeller
Gone Wild

I am exclusive dealer for the granite digital save a battery in south central florida.That said I have sold hundreds of them to snow birds to maintain their batteries while away for the summer.Absoultely nothing but very happy customers.One thing to consideris I do not sell these to customers who's batterys are over three years old or cheap brands as this will not prolong sulfated batterys.
Tom
ltmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #23
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

One of Granite Digital's engineers told me the other day that this unit will completely reverse a badly sulfated battery given enough time. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #24
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

In the "flooded cell" battery world there is great debate about sulfation, the degree to which it develops and impedes batteries (especially those that are properly maintained), and the effectiveness of various pulse charge methods that proclaim battery rejuvination. Naturally, all the battery people that sell these things are absolutely convinced (and sound convincing) - and those that don't seem to mount campaigns against their "extravagant" claims.

Personally, I'm using one - but I'm staying out of the debate. I really want the battery float/maintenance feature during storage, as much as anything.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #25
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
In the "flooded cell" battery world there is great debate about sulfation, the degree to which it develops and impedes batteries (especially those that are properly maintained), and the effectiveness of various pulse charge methods that proclaim battery rejuvination. Naturally, all the battery people that sell these things are absolutely convinced (and sound convincing) - and those that don't seem to mount campaigns against their "extravagant" claims.

Personally, I'm using one - but I'm staying out of the debate. I really want the battery float/maintenance feature during storage, as much as anything.
I agree and am not wanting to get in a debate either LOL. I just upgraded to 48 volts. I set up the charging circuit to charge 6 with the 36 volt charger and 2 with my 12 volt charger. My friend has been using the Save A Battery as his primary charger with good luck so far. I thought a maintainer and desulfanator would be a good thing to have especially at the price so I bought it. Don't know about the rejuvination they claim. Claims are claims.
I'm trying to do the best for these expensive batteries. We will see.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #26
SD70ACe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Update: I've been using the Save a Battery for almost 2 weeks and so far it is working really well. I put away the Lestronic and have only used the SAB to charge. I love that it is a small, lightweight package and has indicator LEDs to let me know what it is doing. This time of year we don't use the cart a whole lot, I'd say in a week it might go 1 or 2 miles so I can't really comment on the charge time yet, but it seems to charge about the same as the Lestronic. Right now the cart's been sitting on the charger for 3 days and the pack is reading 42.1V via ScottyB's meter. Hooking up the wires is really simple, you can see them in the picture below (the yellow wires). As you can see I haven't gotten around to mounting the unit yet, that's a project for a warmer day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2005.jpg (111.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2006.jpg (162.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2007.jpg (104.9 KB, 0 views)
SD70ACe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #27
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I think you will like it. No miracles with charge speed but it seems to get the job done.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car