lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #11
doyle@tarleton.edu
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 98 club car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This card is 16 years old. Over time the throttle linkage wears. This creates slop which results in the throttle input device (MCOR) not sending a full throttle signal to the control.
You can test this at the controller to verify you are getting the full 5k-0 signal. If you are not getting a full signal you can observe the throttle linkage while somebody pushes the paddle to see where the slop is. Often times the mechanical slop can be repaired with good results.
well I am not sure of that since it ran the same way brand new in 98...I get what your saying but I really think this has got something to do with the controller and motor since it did this when it was new...but I will certainly check it out...we are just now trying to get it fixed...lol 16 years later...lol
doyle@tarleton.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle@tarleton.edu View Post
got the serial nu. for u it is GS 0822 416189 it has a back seat on it and I know enough bout carts the pointemer or whatever that speed control is on the footpedal is a small black box on the passenger side...hope this helps
. . . sure it is not DS 9822? . . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
we have a 98 club car and we put in new trojan 48 volt batteries and this cart only run 9 miles per hour....it has a small black box under passenger side and it has never ran fast at all....really slow....need it to go....
I'm sorry, I didn't get that you bought this cart new and it is always run at 9 mph from your original post. 9 to 12 mph is the target speed for golf course carts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #14
doyle@tarleton.edu
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This card is 16 years old. Over time the throttle linkage wears. This creates slop which results in the throttle input device (MCOR) not sending a full throttle signal to the control.
You can test this at the controller to verify you are getting the full 5k-0 signal. If you are not getting a full signal you can observe the throttle linkage while somebody pushes the paddle to see where the slop is. Often times the mechanical slop can be repaired with good results.
why would this cart run so slow brand new if the linkage was worn...should have ran much faster being new in 98...that is why I think it is something else...cause it ran the same when it was new...as it does now...
Old 02-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #15
doyle@tarleton.edu
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
why would this cart run so slow brand new if the linkage was worn...should have ran much faster being new in 98...that is why I think it is something else...cause it ran the same when it was new...as it does now...
whats the next thing you would imagine...
Old 02-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #16
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . your cart should have a V-Glide Multi-step Potentiometer . . . open the cover and make sure the wiper reaches the high point contact when GO Pedal is depressed . . . also look for loose/broken/dirty wire contacts . . .

Old 02-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #17
doyle@tarleton.edu
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . sure it is not DS 9822? . . . .
no says GS
Old 02-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #18
doyle@tarleton.edu
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . your cart should have a V-Glide Multi-step Potentiometer . . . open the cover and make sure the wiper reaches the high point contact when GO Pedal is depressed . . . also look for loose/broken/dirty wire contacts . . .

Steve, it does not have the v glide it has a small black box on passenger side...so you cannot open it
Old 02-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #19
doyle@tarleton.edu
Not Yet Wild

it does not have the multi step pontmeter v glide type....it is a small black box on passenger side
Old 02-14-2014, 11:11 AM   #20
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
it does not have the multi step pontmeter v glide type....it is a small black box on passenger side
. . like this?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car