lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
skylark
Not Yet Wild

Default How to use my 1994 EzGo Textron Battery Charger

I acquired an electric EzGo and the old charger listed. My question is, since this is a timed charge, not an automatic shutoff, How long can I safely charge my 6 6 Volt batteries?
This cart had been sitting for several months, had 5 Sams Club batteries from 2011, and I bought one new Trojan. It ran fine until cold weather hit (30 degrees in South Texas believe it or not). When I put the charger on, it starts at 15 amps, but quickly drops to 5 amps. After 30 minutes my cart ammeter says fully charged, but in a couple of blocks it drops to zero and my cart barely runs. Someone said to charge it 12 hours but I am afraid of overcharging. Thanks in advance for the assist.
skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How to use my 1994 EzGo Textron Battery Charger

When it drops quickly like you describe it is a sure sign of a bad battery. The meter should stay maxed for 3 or 4 hours depending on how far you discharged them. When it drops into the 5 amp range after 3 or 4 hours they are charged. Get a meter or a hydrometer and find the bad battery.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
skylark
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How to use my 1994 EzGo Textron Battery Charger

Thanks, the other five were supposed to be good. I went ahead and charged for 9 hours and today it is working fine....so far!
skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car