lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
Mark@Spin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Yamaha G9E Faster in Reverse than Forward

I have a G9E that I working on at the moment which runs faster in reverse than forward. I have checked the wiring diagram and all is good. Nothing out of the ordinary. I have heard that reverse gets less power that forward when operating correctly, possibly there is something back to front. I am not sure when it has the ordinary motor fitted. The id sticker on the motor does refer to ccw and cc wiring. Can someone let me know if can shed some light on this.
Mark@Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
mikegyver
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G9E Faster in Reverse than Forward

I was hoping you had an answer to this... I have the same problem....

I can jack the cart up and with 0 resistance its the same... you can hear the motor in reverse rev higher and higher the forward tops out and is audiably and visually slower... I can barely pull a hill at 2 mph forward and if I turn the cart around I run about 10 mph up the same hill.

Mike
mikegyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
mikegyver
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok, I think I figured it out.... I called everywhere and I thought it may be a brush issue, every shop I talked to said " it cant be the brushes or it would be bad both directions"

Well, I tore down the motor and OMG the brushes looked like alligator teeth...

So, I called around and everyone wanted $150 to put it in a lathe and true the commentator.... The cheap (B) I am I just took a file and rolled the motor on a towel until it was true. "ALMOST ANYWAY"

cleaned up the brushes and replaced it... It was better but still faster in reverse sooo... I took the Dang rear end out and turned it around.

Now it hauls butt in forward and not so fast in reverse....

The Kicker is it seems the more I drive it forward (in reverse) The better the backing up speed gets. The brushes must be wearing in to the clean commentator.

Ill run it like this till reverse (FORWARD) catches up to my now Forward speed then change the axle back around...

(now Im new here so if anyone wonders where i GET MY SCREEN NAME ) Read above!!!

Mike
mikegyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
dwitt
Not Yet Wild

same trubble here as well.......i have removed the motor to clean the residue from it and the brushes looked fine. but of course i kno nothing about brushes either. do all 4 brushes run the forward? or do two operate the cart forward and two reverse? i may have to remove the motor again and take a second look at this.
dwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
dwitt
Not Yet Wild

mike
post your progress or findings....cuz i am having the same problems. i am very interested is what you find out.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
dwitt
Not Yet Wild

since there are 4 connections on the motor. (S1, A1, S2, A2) it seems that each connection goes to one brush. now if i reversed that, i would be utilizing the brushes used in reverse as forward......correct?? or am i flirting with disaster????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha