lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default Main jet not threading in ?

Took my carb of my 2pg to clean and see what it was like inside. Have had running issues (in another thread, starts good then dies in about a minute). When I took the bowl off the main jet just fell out. I see it has threads and there are threads in the tube but it just falls to the bottom and it wont thread in. I found some(2) little pieces of something that looked like white tissue paper in the main jet tube between the main jet (maybe wrong terminology) and the screw jet at the bottom of the bowl. I am going to see just for fun how it starts and runs tomorrow after cleaning out whatever was in there. I assume maybe time for a new carb though?
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Main jet not threading in ?

Hmmmm .... I'm wondering if someone tried to replace the original jet with one that had different threads - that white stuff, did it happen to look like Teflon plumbers tape? Go ahead and clean it all out, then see if the jet will screw in, if not, prob time to pop a few bucks on a new carb
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
1970buick
Gone Wild

Yes, the white stuff looked like plumbers thread tape. I cleaned it all out and closed, tightened everything up. You can hear the jet (tubular one that goes up from the bottom, above the jet/screw that holds the bowl on) rattling around. I put it back on the cart this morning and it fired up and ran great. I got to drive it around for the first time since buying it in October (for a $100) Man, it is quick and feels like it has some real power and very torquey. I might wait on the new carb and see how it does. What speed should it top out at? governor has not been played with.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:07 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

IIRC, The MAIN JET is the one in the bottom that holds the bowl on. Long skinny one is the emulsion tube.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #5
1970buick
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
IIRC, The MAIN JET is the one in the bottom that holds the bowl on. Long skinny one is the emulsion tube.
Like I say, learn something new everyday. It is the emulsion tube that doesn't thread and just goes up and down inside the tube.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:33 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Not too sure about why it won't thread in without seeing pics. I'm betting someone has stripped the threads in the past, and the teflon was used to make the tolerances tighter so it would stay put, at least for a while.

Stock top speed should be 12-14 mph. Around 17-18 is attainable on stock tires without the governor.

EDIT: The emulsion tube threads in a good ways up inside the carb. The threads you can see at the bottom of the carb body where it threads in are for the screw/jet that hold on the bowl. Did you drop the tube in and let it "bottom out" then try screwing it in with a skinny screwdriver?
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
1970buick
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Not too sure about why it won't thread in without seeing pics. I'm betting someone has stripped the threads in the past, and the teflon was used to make the tolerances tighter so it would stay put, at least for a while.

Stock top speed should be 12-14 mph. Around 17-18 is attainable on stock tires without the governor.

EDIT: The emulsion tube threads in a good ways up inside the carb. The threads you can see at the bottom of the carb body where it threads in are for the screw/jet that hold on the bowl. Did you drop the tube in and let it "bottom out" then try screwing it in with a skinny screwdriver?
I am guessing your right about the threads being stripped and then someone trying to tape them. It bottomed out but didn't thread at all. Will this affect anything adversely? seems to be running good right now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO