lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 EZ GO TXT Won't Start

I can't seem to get my cart started. The electrical seems to check out but i have to jumper the solenoid to get the engine going (but not starting). Im reading 12.5 volts to the spark plug and I'm getting a spark. This is my first cart and I really have no idea where to go from here. Any help is appreciated.
Schwophi14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
Dreeves
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1990 EZ GO TXT Won't Start

Check to see if you are getting fuel to carb. If no fuel check your line from tank to carb. I just had an issue where the fuel had left the pump dry from not running it. All I needed to do was take the fuel line off at the carb and blow into tank to push fuel to it. It runs great now

Dave
Dreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Let's start by identifying your cart. Whats the model number?
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:18 PM   #4
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

Serial# 570843
Manf. Code # A0590

EZ-GO Textron Gas Freedom edition but not sure if its the LE or SE

I don't believe it is a fuel issue because when I jumper out the solenoid it runs good.

I haven't had any success being able to jumper out the solenoid with just the golf cart battery though. I usually have to have the battery jumper to a car battery as well or connected to a battery charger. Seems like not enough amps but i'm not sure. I'm using a 12V battery with 230 CCA.

I've checked the voltage around at every switch and seem to get system voltage so I'm really confused as to what the issue could be. The only thing I thought it may be was the F N R switch because I'm not able to read any voltage at terminal C to ground but I'm not sure if the car needs to be running to read voltage there

This is my first golf cart so I'm sure I have a lot to learn.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #5
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

I put in a car battery with 430 amps and still nothing. When I press the gas pedal nothing happens until I jumper the solenoid. Im also not hearing any clicking from the solenoid yet Im reading system voltage.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:22 PM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

when you press the pedal, you should be able to hear a click coming from the pedal box. If there is no click then the micro switch could be bad which is preventing the rest of the ignition circuit to energize.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #7
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

I hear the clicking in the microswitch for the pedal and I am getting system voltage at the terminations and to the solenoid from there. I'm also getting system voltage from the microswitch to the FNR Switch.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #8
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

I have all the lights and horn disconnected. Would it cause the cart not to start it all of these wires are unterminated?
Old 02-13-2015, 09:59 PM   #9
Schwophi14
Not Yet Wild

Is this saying that the negative post of the battery is supposed to have a wire going from it to the C terminal post on the FNR Switch? The negative post on the battery is currently hooked to a ground cable
Old 02-13-2015, 10:45 PM   #10
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Have you tried another solenoid? The lights and the horn should not affect the circuit, if the reverse buzzer is not connected then it will affect it. You could also clean the contacts inside the F-N-R selector but I'm leaning towards a faulty solenoid. If you are going to replace it, then make sure you get a continuous duty solenoid. A standard starter solenoid will burn out in short order.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO