lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default G21 build. ....almost done ....backfire???

Ok, so if you have seen my other post I am rebuilding a 2002 g21a. Here is a photo almost complete. Had to take it for a ride today as way to much wrench time and no ride time. So I ran to my buddies house about 2 miles away and was running full throttle most of the way few stop signs here and there cart seems to run fine I have adjusted governor and throttle cables as I have seen here and in service manuals. I am getting about 20mph so in happy with that but when I let off he has rounding a corner I got a backfire. Then no issues. I the way back I let off the gas to come to a stop and another backfire then no issues. Any thoughts ????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (246.2 KB, 0 views)
Cdebo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #2
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G21 build. ....almost done ....backfire???

**** I phone flipping pictures. By the way the issue is not cause I'm driving upside down!!!
Old 06-30-2015, 06:46 PM   #3
dbmachine
Gone Wild

My iPhone6 is the same way with flipping pictures on this forum. If I don't take the pictures with the phone up and down position it will flip them. If I take a picture with the phone sideways (landscape) I have to edit the picture in the library by spinning it then save then spin it back to the original position and save it again. This is the only forum it does this. Hmm
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:48 PM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Btw the backfire from what I have read on these forums is caused from the butterfly in the carb not completely closing when letting off the throttle. The cure is to get a spring that puts tension on the butterfly so that when you let off the pedal the spring will pull the butterfly in the carb closed each time.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:55 PM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

See if this will half way help you out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (148.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-30-2015, 07:00 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Thanks DB...Man I was afraid the little one was going to land on his head If the throttle shaft (cable adjustments and throttle stop screw adjaustments are correct), could be an exhaust gasket or head gasket leak.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:06 PM   #7
dbmachine
Gone Wild

That's another possibility like small block mentioned. Sounds like you have a few more hours of wrenching ahead of you. Also seems like I remember some members saying that the plastic spacer between the engine and carb can crack and cause problems.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:33 PM   #8
Cdebo1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks guys I will check. I'm thinking spring as it's not consistent i put new gaskets on rebuild and the plastic spacer looks ok. I know he return spring didn't look great when input it back together so I will start there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha