lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #1
wcgolf
Getting Wild

Default Potential Project need help

Looking at picking up a Cushman Commander for a song. Not sure about year and it obviously needs to be cheap based off of the pictures and what I know about it. Can anybody give me an idea of how much it would take to get this back to usable condition? I'm not big on gas carts but I've also read it's not really worth it to convert to electric. I have a 2002 pds ezgo that I am thinking about taking the lift and tires off of for this one, any idea if I can do that? Also with that in mind what type of motor should I use that is cost effective to put in?

Description is as follows : The steering components and assembly are in great shape. The rear differential is in great shape. Brakes work. And the forward/reverse cables are intact and work perfectly. It has rust on the body and body mounts. The frame itself is in great shape. It does not have a seat, motor, wiring harness, or roof. Right rear tire will not hold air but It does come with three rims and a good tire already mounted to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wcgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Potential Project need help

thats a rough one but i could use it if you dont , the biggest issue is your starting from scratch , no engine rusted frame , the has great potential to go with a big block but their is a lot of work and parts that will need to be had to make it workable to build it up with the big block your looking at at least 5 k
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:29 AM   #3
rocko
Gone Wild

That cart is identical to my 2004 EZGO Workhorse ST350's , I am doing a conversion on it right now , putting a Honda Fourtrax atv engine and rear end into it with a little lift and some 25 inch tires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1282.jpg (279.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1332.jpg (340.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1321.jpg (150.1 KB, 0 views)
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:25 AM   #4
wcgolf
Getting Wild

Yeah I wish I had time and available funds to put in this one but I'm going to have to pass unfortunately. I would love to have front cowl and lights to do a conversion on my txt but just no time or space right now.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:40 AM   #5
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

any chance you could pass along the deal to me ? where are you located
Old 07-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #6
rocko
Gone Wild

I think your making the best move passing on it , the frame looks rusted pretty bad , it looks like they welded extra pieces along the top ---- that front cap is worth a few bucks , they sell them new for like $500 for the green , the beige is $80 cheap , go figure
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:53 PM   #7
wcgolf
Getting Wild

In Pensacola $100 bucks on craigslist

Old 07-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #8
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

always has to be 1200 miles away
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO