lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #1
elliott3614
Not Yet Wild

Default 1980's EZGO golfcart with 244cc Robins engine problem

Hi I purchased a non-running mid 1980's EZGO golf cart in the hopes of fixing it up and being able to use it to run around. After I installed a new battery the cart would barely move, the engine would rotate once about every 45 seconds. it seemed like it was strictly getting rotations from the starter being powered by the battery. I removed the spark plug and checked the compression and noticed that it was only at 30 psi. After reading a few other threads on this forum it looked like the best thing to do was to rebuild the motor by putting a new top cylinder assembly. Here is a link to the parts I replaced:

http://blockbustergolfcarts.com/cyli...le1980-88.aspx

I also replaced the fuel pump. Now that I have put everything back together I am still having the exact same issue. The engine is turning over extremely slow, around one rotation per 30 seconds. Does any body have any clue what my next step should be? I am not sure what to do at this point. Thanks in advance for the help. I knew nothing about golf carts and engines before buying this cart and this forum is the only reason I have been able to get as far as I have in my journey of trying to get this bad boy running.

Thanks

Elliott
elliott3614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
drek67055
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1980's EZGO golfcart with 244cc Robins engine problem

pull the drive belt off and try spinning it again then pull the starter gen belt off to make sure its spinning good enough as well could be in the wiring as well
drek67055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO