lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #21
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 2017 Yamaha Drive2

The "root beer brown metallic" is pretty cool also. Almost black in the shade, but in the sunlight it pops
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2016, 06:16 PM   #22
T-Hard
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
The "root beer brown metallic" is pretty cool also. Almost black in the shade, but in the sunlight it pops
They have 1 that color in the Drive 2 brochure and it does look good!
T-Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:19 PM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep, that color is catching the attention of our customers too.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:06 PM   #24
Trbl4tj
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Bought mine today. Adding 3 inch Jake lift, rims and tires, turn signals, back seat, chair holder on back and custom steering wheel. Color is bluestone. Super quiet.
Trbl4tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:13 PM   #25
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Keep us updated on the jakes 3" lift. I don't see how the solid rear axle 3" lift kit will fit the new geometry of the IRS rears ends. Unless jakes has come out with something new in the past week or so.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 04:53 PM   #26
Trbl4tj
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Did the 2016's have independent rear suspension? They had some of those lifted. Hope they don't mess mine up by rigging a way to lift it. I'll call tomorrow and let you know.
Trbl4tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:04 PM   #27
dbmachine
Gone Wild

The 2017 drive2 model is the first ever fleet cart to have IRS technology for a more plush ride quality. Yeah keep us posted please.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #28
T-Hard
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbl4tj View Post
Bought mine today. Adding 3 inch Jake lift, rims and tires, turn signals, back seat, chair holder on back and custom steering wheel. Color is bluestone. Super quiet.
I think you are going to have to wait on the lift and turn signals. Lift kits are not out yet. Some have been using bushings to make pre 17 lift kits work but I would not feel safe with that myself. Yamaha has not released the turn signal/brake light kit yet. I am still waiting on my windshield to come in even.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:12 AM   #29
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Hmm. We have new '17s, they have the full light system with turn signals & stuff. As far as aftermarket goes, China will have to figure out their light kit junk as time goes on. For lift kits, I would wait to see what comes. I wouldn't even try rigging a previous style lift kit on it, the new cart frame is so different. I wouldn't even talk to someone who said they're gonna try to rig the prior system to fit the new frame. That will be a problem you don't want to live with.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:26 AM   #30
T-Hard
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Hmm. We have new '17s, they have the full light system with turn signals & stuff. As far as aftermarket goes, China will have to figure out their light kit junk as time goes on. For lift kits, I would wait to see what comes. I wouldn't even try rigging a previous style lift kit on it, the new cart frame is so different. I wouldn't even talk to someone who said they're gonna try to rig the prior system to fit the new frame. That will be a problem you don't want to live with.
Totally agree with you on the lift kit but there is a dealer modding the old ones. My 17 came with lights but no turn lever and no brake lights. Can that be added now?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha