lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2017, 09:02 AM   #1
ifl123
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 G16A with a few issues, New Owner!

This is my first gas cart and my first post.

issue 1. takes forever to warm up and start moving. I have to barley press the gas to allow to idle for almost 2 min before it will even think about allowing me to press the on it more. If I press on it more before its warm it will just die. Once its going it runs pretty good. I did notice that the choke is not hooked up, would this cause this issue? if not what else can I do.

issue 2. hard to explain but at times when trying to go, it will "buck", I have no clue what causing this or if it can be fixed....

issue 3. The muffler is facing the brake cable and appears to be burning it. Can I cut the muffler, put some flex pipe and re-route it?

THINGS I WANT TO DO TO THIS CART

1. Install street legal light kit. already bought and plan to do this week.
2. Install a radio. also plan on putting in this week
3. Modify the Governor

PLANS FOR THIS CART

1. Use for our 20ac property for kids to drive around.
2. Motorcycle rallies that we attend.
3. register at the coast and be able to drive around town.
ifl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2017, 09:58 AM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 97 G16A with a few issues, New Owner!

Issue 1 definitely need the choke hooked up that will cure the cold start issue two clean and inspect clutches replace belt if it's less than 1 inch wide issue three there is a thread on here where people have added an exhaust extension ....that being said I don't remember it being an issue so previous owner may have put new brake cable oh and didn't route it in the stock location
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Also, remove, disassemble and clean the carb. This is how the brake cable should be routed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170507_124455.jpg (331.3 KB, 0 views)
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:02 PM   #4
ifl123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
Issue 1 definitely need the choke hooked up that will cure the cold start issue two clean and inspect clutches replace belt if it's less than 1 inch wide issue three there is a thread on here where people have added an exhaust extension ....that being said I don't remember it being an issue so previous owner may have put new brake cable oh and didn't route it in the stock location
1. hooked up the choke and runs ALOT better, Thank you

2. the belt appears to be about 3in wide. I will look into cleaning the clutches, what am i looking for when inspecting?
ifl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:47 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Width at top of drive belt, they are 1 3/16 new. 1" is the wear limit, but really if you have a lifted cart it is sooner.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha