lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2018, 12:46 PM   #1
dbdragracing
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G22 tuning and backfire

I have a 2006 Yamaha G22 gas cart. I did the governor mod by drilling the "D" out of the top of the bracket. The cart runs about 28.5mph now! Do I need to rejet/tune my cart after doing this mod? It runs fine, it has an intermittent backfire now. Just want the cart to be reliable and quiet! Thanks for any help.
dbdragracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #2
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G22 tuning and backfire

If your carburetor has an air/fuel adjuster screw -- try opening it up 1/8 of a turn and enrich the mixture. You never said when it backfires but this adjustment mainly helps with the backfire on slowing down.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:33 PM   #3
dbdragracing
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The backfire usually happens when I'm slowing down or stopping. Is the air/fuel screw one common screw? I saw one brass screw on the carb. I was going to install a throttle return spring, but couldn't find a place to attach it. The throttle plate appears to be closing all the way. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:46 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Generally the most common back fire issue is when the throttle linkage opens before the starter is engaged flip the seat up and slowly press the peddle and see if the starter engages before the carb linkage moves
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #5
dbdragracing
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Will do. Do you adjust the cable back where the governor connects? Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha