lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
kzunell
Getting Wild

Default Cushman/OMC Powered Industrial Truck

Hi everyone, i just got a free Cushman/OMC powered industrial truck but it did not have an engine, but does have transaxle and all wiring. I also from the same person got a Robin Engine (model EH29C ...9 horsepower) complete with carb and exhaust and transaxle and skidplate motor mounts etc.
I know the engine is a bit small for the application as the truck weighs 1075lbs without anyone in it. Then only pieces I think I am missing to put all this together are a starter generator and brackets to mount starter generator and possibly the ignitor and the voltage regulator. I am going to pull off a few panels to see if the electronics are hidden somewhere on the cart.
Question: Could I use a conventional car starter modified with a pulley and my own brackets and an alternator on this just running off of a V-belt?
Ohh and where can I get a belt for the drive?

jpg[/IMG]
kzunell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
kzunell
Getting Wild

Default Re: Cushman/OMC Powered Industrial Truck

Old 07-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
kzunell
Getting Wild

Old 07-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
kzunell
Getting Wild

Old 07-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
kzunell
Getting Wild

The info on the plate model number is 898553-8710.
does this mean that it is a 1989? I haven't been able to find out much info on this thing any help would be very appreciated. Just going to use it for retriever trials and hunt tests to carry birds and equipment out to the fields and gunners. Nothing to hard on it.

Kelly
Old 07-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Before I did any thing else I would bolt the
engine down
rig a hanging gas can
spin it over with a drill and socket.
If it starts do not run it long with out a fan shroud.
You may do better with a clone engine.
Is this heavy of a cart going to move in mud?

Some times free is not cheap!
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
kzunell
Getting Wild

Actually the grounds we use are hard and pretty flat so it shouldn't be a problem and we are limited to a 15 MPH speedlimit on the grounds. I checked the engine to make sure it turns over and checked and made sure both pistons are moving. I cleaned out the carburator out and made sure all the passages were clean. I pulled the fan shroud off to clean all the gunk off the engine. I have tested the coil. The valves are all moving, haven't done a compression check yet. I still need to get an ignitor to start it up.
The other option I have is an XT550 motor (34 HP) out of an enduro motorcycle, but that seems a bit over kill for something limited to 15MPH. One other option would be a 13HP industrial motor with electric start, but I am not sure how the micro starter would work with this set up??

I am in Sunny southern California (average rainfall 14" per year)

Thanks

Kelly
Old 08-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #8
kzunell
Getting Wild

Cool I Used an Ignitor off of an old 4 cyl motorcycle (kawasaki GPZ 750) I had laying around and started it up just using starting fluid. Since i didn't have a starter I just wrapped a rope around the pully and pulled and it fired on first pull ran about 4-5 revolutions.
Now I have another question...does this engine (295 Robin) have a fuel pump or is it gravity fed? what should the fuel pressure be and how do I check the float level, actually what should it be set at? should it be level with the carb held upside down?

Thanks

Kelly
Old 09-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
kzunell
Getting Wild

Ok finally bought a motor for the green monster. It is a new Duramax 16 hp. I have already cut the crank and added the adapter and put on the clutch of the 295 robins engine. I had to take the clutch apart and clean out all the rust and get everything moving in it again. Slides pretty easily now. Started the engine and it shuts at idle after a second of running. The belt I bought needs to be about 6 inches shorter.

I need to cut a hole in the metal panel for the air filter.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:33 AM   #10
MarkB82
Not Yet Wild

Hello. I know this is an older thread but was just wondering how the duromax did in the cart. I have a cart identical to yours that Im just starting to redo. I might go with the Lifan 15hp engine with the 18 amp charger already on it, but the duromax is still in contention. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
MarkB82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts