lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #11
Riddle.brody
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97 or 98 EZ GO wont rev up

Ok we have a problem... first thing i did was squirt a little starter fluid in the intake and it hit so at the time i thought it was a fuel problem which could easily be fixed then i was told the fuel pump runs off compression so i thought i would run a compression test on it. The cylinder closest to the clutch read 0PSI and the other read 150PSI so i sprayed a little penetrating fluid in the cylinder and still nothing. Next i stuck an ink pen down through the spark plug hole to see if the piston was moving and its not moving up and down at all.

So after that long story im guessing the connecting rod is busted but my question is what all could it have messed up in the process.

I have not purchased this cart yet and after all this the chances of me buying it are getting pretty slim. The body is in horrible shape and seats need recovered and the brakes arent working very good.
Riddle.brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

All that you have mentioned can be fixed but will require quite a bit of work. It all comes down to how much $ they want and how much time you want to spend..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #13
Riddle.brody
Not Yet Wild

With the problems i have mentioned would you say i need the top end and crank case rebuild or just the top end?
Riddle.brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

At least the bottom end but you really won't know until it is in pieces
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO